Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked up my Y today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my Model Y today (see config below). I know this will be boring because folks, there was practically nothing wrong with the car! Came armed with my two page checklist and could only find a tiny gap issue with the driver's side tail light, but you would have to measure it to really spot it. Better than most of the high end German cars I owned for years!

Interior trim, exterior trim, everything right on the money. Nothing loose, no rattles, no vibrations, rides smooth as silk. Even the plastic trim under the frunk was locked in place. Had trouble pairing my phone at first, then a quick reboot and problem solved.

After reading all the horror stories I'll admit that I was nervous about getting such an early version of the car, but I'm so glad that I didn't give in to that fear!

There are no horror stories only small paint and gap issues. When is the last time anyone complained about drivetrain, electronic or suspension issues......the real important ones. It is just that owners with no issues don't report.......except you.
That's kind of why I felt it was important to report that I had nothing to report ;)

There seemed to be lots of refused delivery, dirty paint, leaking roof kind of stuff. Thought I needed to get this out there.

That's kind of why I felt it was important to report that I had nothing to report ;)

There seemed to be lots of refused delivery, dirty paint, leaking roof kind of stuff. Thought I needed to get this out there.
Just curious what are your last 5 digits of the vehicle’s VIN? I rejected 6205. Horrible build quality. Others at the store in the 6,000s were similar but mine was the worst of the bunch. Definitely early quality issues.

Picked up my Model Y today (see config below). I know this will be boring because folks, there was practically nothing wrong with the car!

Me too, right?! I was so bloody nervous, and for not. How was your back seat? The single side is off, there’s a gap around the back door between an inner panel and the door gasket, and two door trim pieces are slightly off. Other than that she’s a beauty!!!

Good to hear another good experience!!!!

Reactions: rxlawdude
Just curious what are your last 5 digits of the vehicle’s VIN? I rejected 6205. Horrible build quality. Others at the store in the 6,000s were similar but mine was the worst of the bunch. Definitely early quality issues.
It feels like June builds are a definite improvement. I also heard that feedback from the Delivery center (Dedham, Ma) when I picked up my car last week. Of course there will always be exceptions.

Reactions: Jashev
Me too, right?! I was so bloody nervous, and for not. How was your back seat? The single side is off, there’s a gap around the back door between an inner panel and the door gasket, and two door trim pieces are slightly off. Other than that she’s a beauty!!!

Good to hear another good experience!!!!

Sure, one of the back seat tops are not aligned but I've already heard they are working on a fix for that. I can live with it as compared to how amazing the car is.

Congrats! Get some PPF on it ASAP as well as some all-weather mats!

pICS?
Y.jpg

LR/AWD 27xx VIN, my first Tesla and couldn't be happier. Didn't have any of the problems mentioned. Did Lumina PPf on front and CX all over (best thing ever if you wash your car). Even got this custom TX plate MY-Y. When it comes out I will be adding the performance upgrade just fun even those it's wicked fast already.

Attachments

• myy.jpg
    myy.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: SmartElectric
There are no horror stories only small paint and gap issues. When is the last time anyone complained about drivetrain, electronic or suspension issues......the real important ones. It is just that owners with no issues don't report.......except you.
I’ve seen more than one user report water flooding into the cabin. I would call that a major issue.

Yup. My third Tesla so I know a few guys at the delivery center. Got the same feedback. The builds over the last two-three weeks have improved dramatically.

From what we were told, they even stopped production on their replacement parts to quickly retool and fix a few issues on the line. The panels we were getting for the new Y's had some major fitment issues, but Tesla was very quick this time to respond to us and other TAB shops. There's definite improvement in how they're operating (at least from our perspective in the collision industry). Glad to see your car was delivered with no issues! :D

I’ve seen more than one user report water flooding into the cabin. I would call that a major issue.
I'm not trying to say that there are no problems out there. I'm just trying to point out that I believe the odds are on your side. Look, if for arguments sake (and round numbers), if they built 10k cars and 4% of them have some type of serious problem, that's 400 cars. If one quarter of those people post their problems on this forum, that's 100 cars and complaints. That would look overwhelmingly bad for the Model Y even though you have a 96% chance of getting a great car. I'm just using these numbers as an example so please lets not get into whatever the real percentages might be.

To get an amazing car like this, I'll take 96% odds that the car I get will be great.

Reactions: Dennisis