Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up Model 3 AWD tomorrow - what to expect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m sure Tesla could handle the communication better. But they have always had a policy of not holding cars. They probably had too many people change their minds while they turned down other customers. Who knows. I wouldn’t worry about it. There is no shortage of Model 3’s. You can just place the order again when you are ready.

Yes, I hope they actually cancel my Model 3 order, but the delivery MGR would not do it. He referred it to the sales rep who never has spoken to me.

I called Tesla sales and they said the office was closed at 3:45pm - but the recording said that they were open until 6pm. Well, I think Fremont is down too.

Thanks again for the support. This is not an easy decision. But, while I might not like it, it is obvious what to do. It's Tesla that is now bugging me incessantly. I've sent them enough e-mails and voicemails that it is all I will do.

While I am sitting here, I will look up (if/while I still have Internet) 60kW generators. I've lived in this area long enough to know that the incompetence and stupid games will not stop in terms of PG&E. It will not be cheap. I think 60kW will handle a semi-large house with appliances and 7 tons (2 systems) of A/C. I guess we live in a 3rd world country out here.

Tesla (IMO) has gone from good to "not so good" in just a couple of weeks. Their attitude is one whereby the competition will stomp on them when they come out with EV's on their own! No wonder my friends have been critical of Tesla and it's image. I'll re-order when the time is OK. A little customer service is far better than a few hundred bucks of supercharger miles!

I was actually suspicious of the car when they told me it was ready for pick up about 5 days after the order. It has likely been in hiding in Fremont during Q3 end. Tesla's push to deliver ASAP was not a good sign. I've waited for Porsches before, and when they come in (even after several months) the dealers sit on them and let you take delivery when it is OK for you.

You're entirely too whiny to own a Tesla.

You're entirely too whiny to own a Tesla.
Why? Because he has priorities other than purchasing a new car? He is just requesting they hold the car for a few more days. Any other dealer would gladly offer this courtesy, regardless of the reason or rationale.

Tesla is going to run out of early adopters willing to put up with this lack of service. If they want their cars to become mainstream, they are going to have to provide comparable service to the more casual customers who expect a certain standard. And let’s face it, at their current prices they are more comparable to a BMW than a Toyota, so the expectation is somewhat higher than average.

Reactions: Kilotango74
Why? Because he has priorities other than purchasing a new car? He is just requesting they hold the car for a few more days. Any other dealer would gladly offer this courtesy, regardless of the reason or rationale.

Tesla is going to run out of early adopters willing to put up with this lack of service. If they want their cars to become mainstream, they are going to have to provide comparable service to the more casual customers who expect a certain standard. And let’s face it, at their current prices they are more comparable to a BMW than a Toyota, so the expectation is somewhat higher than average.

He's spent the whole thread whining about how losing power means we're in a 3rd world country, and how he's forced to get a big generator because some times his power goes out for his 2 huge air conditioners, and how traffic is going to be chaos (it's fine), and how Tesla is going to not charge his car, and how he wont give them a check until they make sure everything he wants is addressed.

Just unrealistic and constant whining.
He should buy a Toyota Camry from a local no haggle dealer. The last thing we need is more Tesla owners like this dude.

• Disagree
Reactions: Kilotango74
Bring someone with a Model 3 already, and they can tell you exactly what you need to look for and what can be corrected easily or not. There's nothing like experience. Other than that, expect "joy"!

Yes, I hope they actually cancel my Model 3 order, but the delivery MGR would not do it. He referred it to the sales rep who never has spoken to me.

The answer is simple (for Tesla) ...

"I'm hemmed in, have sick family members that depend on me, that I won't leave. Either deliver the car up here to my driveway, or we can cancel the order. Your choice."

I'd think they'd rather have the sale. If not, then you know the priority.

He's spent the whole thread whining about how losing power means we're in a 3rd world country, and how he's forced to get a big generator because some times his power goes out for his 2 huge air conditioners, and how traffic is going to be chaos (it's fine), and how Tesla is going to not charge his car, and how he wont give them a check until they make sure everything he wants is addressed.

Just unrealistic and constant whining.
He should buy a Toyota Camry from a local no haggle dealer. The last thing we need is more Tesla owners like this dude.

No, things here are not fine. Even Tesla Co. offices are shut down. Don’t judge what you know nothing about. Check out the Washington Post https://www.washingtonpost.com/tech...ems-electric-cars-tesla-says-charge-up-quick/

It talks about one guy buying gas generators to charge up his Tesla, and Elon Musk scrambling to get backup power for powered down superchargers. This is actually nice of Musk, but shows the pitfalls of a heavily EV environment in California. What I’ve been trying to stress is that this is a political emergency here, not anything very real.

I’ll eventually get a Tesla. I can get whatever I want. I just have different priorities and values than you do. If you want to mock that - go ahead. But don’t mock what you don’t know about me.

One thing I’ve learned over the years, you are not defined by what you drive - even if the car is a nice one. So please, lighten up.

No, things here are not fine. Even Tesla Co. offices are shut down. Don’t judge what you know nothing about. Check out the Washington Post https://www.washingtonpost.com/tech...ems-electric-cars-tesla-says-charge-up-quick/

It talks about one guy buying gas generators to charge up his Tesla, and Elon Musk scrambling to get backup power for powered down superchargers. This is actually nice of Musk, but shows the pitfalls of a heavily EV environment in California. What I’ve been trying to stress is that this is a political emergency here, not anything very real.

I’ll eventually get a Tesla. I can get whatever I want. I just have different priorities and values than you do. If you want to mock that - go ahead. But don’t mock what you don’t know about me.

One thing I’ve learned over the years, you are not defined by what you drive - even if the car is a nice one. So please, lighten up.

You started the thread, seemingly to whine on the internet, I didn't start it.

Enjoy your Camry.