TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Picking up Model X tomorrow @ 10:30 "not in CA"!

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Mkent, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Mkent

Mkent Member

With all the rush from Tesla to satisfy owners tax needs in California, I thought my East Coast owners would like to know my wife and I are picking up my "black and tan" Model X tomorrow at the Charlotte Service Center at 10:30 AM! My X is fully loaded except L-mode and has the 20 inch tires. VIN 23x.

According to my DS, this is one of the few to reach Charlotte, but added a carrier of 4 more is arriving Monday! Sounds like the faucet in production is starting to flow. Moreover, I was originally told my X would not be ready for delivery until the end of March.

I hope all waiting for delivery find their DS bumping up their Model X arrival similar to what I have experienced! I will post pictures and comments after delivery and driving time this weekend! I must say, my seven year old son is pumped to be going to his Saturday soccer game in the X too!

• Like x 3
  2. DarrinR

DarrinR Member

Very exciting times! Enjoy!!!

3. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

They're not just concentrating on CA deliveries. I was at the Paramus, NJ SC today and they have between 20 and 25 MX's being prepped for delivery. There were 5 in the shop and at least 15 or more outside..

4. Darryl

Darryl ModelXTracker.com Co-Adm

Please make sure you update ModelXTracker.com with the delivery information. Please make sure you include either your entire VIN or at least the last 5 digits of the VIN along with you city and state. There are several new fields. One is date of manufacture. It is month and year. Will probably say 01/2016. This information can be found on the upper left corner of the label that is between the front and FWD on the driver's side. At a forum users request we have added a field for mileage when you take car in and when you pick it up. There have been some cars with an excessive amount of mileage on them at delivery.

5. dwebb66

dwebb66 Member

What is considered excessive?

6. Darryl

That is up to your own interpretation. Mine was around 40. Which was ok with me but we have had one report of over 200 which is probably excessive.

7. Darryl

There are a lot of cars under VIN 1500 which were never delivered some of which were manufactured in January.

8. Darryl

Congratulations. Please don't forget to update ModelXTracker.com with your delivery date, manufacture date, (on upper corner of sticker on left door jam) , mileage at pickup, along with at least the last 5 digits of your VIN, City and State.

9. Festerfeet

Festerfeet Member

Congratulations.
    Please post some pictures when you have a chance.
    I am hopeful that I will be invited to order soon and I thought I had a clear idea about colour choices but my wife is clear that my choice may not be clear and so to be clear, she may need to add a little clarity to the situation.

Many thanks

• Funny x 1
  10. CaliX

CaliX Member

did you get your car yet? we are all waiting anxiously :)

11. Mkent

Mkent Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Great experience yesterday from the DS "Nick" at Charlotte Service Center! They spoiled us! Answered all our question and took great time to go over all the differences between my Model S and the X. Have only driven it for one day, but absolutely love it! Fast, quick, nimble, an excellent ride. Only quirky thing so far was the Model X rebooted on its own when I drove past the Charlotte Airport. Kind of crazy but no issues at all since. My wife's favorite so far is the automatic opening and closing doors and the big windshield. The kids, of course, loved the FWDs! More later but off to the soccer game today! I will leave you with this. As a Model S owner, the Model X has exceeded both my wife's an mine expectations! It is more awesome in person then the pictures due it justice!

• Like x 2
  12. elguapo

elguapo Member

Awesome to hear! Love the photos! I am sure my kids will feel the same way. Enjoy!

13. mikevbf

mikevbf Member

Congratulations! I love how excited and happy your kids look in the photos.

14. Festerfeet

Festerfeet Member

Great news, car look fabulous and family looks happy :)

15. ahmarm

ahmarm Member

Congratulations, car and family looking amazing. Please share your experiences of X vs. S driving