Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up Model X tomorrow @ 10:30 "not in CA"!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With all the rush from Tesla to satisfy owners tax needs in California, I thought my East Coast owners would like to know my wife and I are picking up my "black and tan" Model X tomorrow at the Charlotte Service Center at 10:30 AM! My X is fully loaded except L-mode and has the 20 inch tires. VIN 23x.

According to my DS, this is one of the few to reach Charlotte, but added a carrier of 4 more is arriving Monday! Sounds like the faucet in production is starting to flow. Moreover, I was originally told my X would not be ready for delivery until the end of March.

I hope all waiting for delivery find their DS bumping up their Model X arrival similar to what I have experienced! I will post pictures and comments after delivery and driving time this weekend! I must say, my seven year old son is pumped to be going to his Saturday soccer game in the X too!

With all the rush from Tesla to satisfy owners tax needs in California, I thought my East Coast owners would like to know my wife and I are picking up my "black and tan" Model X tomorrow at the Charlotte Service Center at 10:30 AM! My X is fully loaded except L-mode and has the 20 inch tires. VIN 23x.

According to my DS, this is one of the few to reach Charlotte, but added a carrier of 4 more is arriving Monday! Sounds like the faucet in production is starting to flow. Moreover, I was originally told my X would not be ready for delivery until the end of March.

I hope all waiting for delivery find their DS bumping up their Model X arrival similar to what I have experienced! I will post pictures and comments after delivery and driving time this weekend! I must say, my seven year old son is pumped to be going to his Saturday soccer game in the X too!
Very exciting times! Enjoy!!!

They're not just concentrating on CA deliveries. I was at the Paramus, NJ SC today and they have between 20 and 25 MX's being prepped for delivery. There were 5 in the shop and at least 15 or more outside..

Please make sure you update ModelXTracker.com with the delivery information. Please make sure you include either your entire VIN or at least the last 5 digits of the VIN along with you city and state. There are several new fields. One is date of manufacture. It is month and year. Will probably say 01/2016. This information can be found on the upper left corner of the label that is between the front and FWD on the driver's side. At a forum users request we have added a field for mileage when you take car in and when you pick it up. There have been some cars with an excessive amount of mileage on them at delivery.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Great experience yesterday from the DS "Nick" at Charlotte Service Center! They spoiled us! Answered all our question and took great time to go over all the differences between my Model S and the X. Have only driven it for one day, but absolutely love it! Fast, quick, nimble, an excellent ride. Only quirky thing so far was the Model X rebooted on its own when I drove past the Charlotte Airport. Kind of crazy but no issues at all since. My wife's favorite so far is the automatic opening and closing doors and the big windshield. The kids, of course, loved the FWDs! More later but off to the soccer game today! I will leave you with this. As a Model S owner, the Model X has exceeded both my wife's an mine expectations! It is more awesome in person then the pictures due it justice!

View attachment 167789 View attachment 167790 View attachment 167791 Great experience yesterday from the DS "Nick" at Charlotte Service Center! They spoiled us! Answered all our question and took great time to go over all the differences between my Model S and the X. Have only driven it for one day, but absolutely love it! Fast, quick, nimble, an excellent ride. Only quirky thing so far was the Model X rebooted on its own when I drove past the Charlotte Airport. Kind of crazy but no issues at all since. My wife's favorite so far is the automatic opening and closing doors and the big windshield. The kids, of course, loved the FWDs! More later but off to the soccer game today! I will leave you with this. As a Model S owner, the Model X has exceeded both my wife's an mine expectations! It is more awesome in person then the pictures due it justice!

Congratulations! I love how excited and happy your kids look in the photos.