Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up my early VIN today - help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was reservation holder 124 and I am VIN 14x. Confirmed initial configuration on 12/1/15 and changed to 6 seats in late January. Black metallic, black leather seats, black headliner, black rims, ludicrous. Basically every option except cold weather. I received that email from Tesla about the 3rd row recall and it said my build date was after the recall date. My DS confirms that my car didn't enter production until late March. It arrived last week and went through 7 or 8 days of quality control.

I am thrilled to get my car, but can I please have some advice on what to look for in terms of issues? I am a little nervous having the early VIN and only getting delivery today, but I tell myself it was the Black Onyx wheels and the change from 7 seats to 6 seats.

Thank you!

I was reservation holder 124 and I am VIN 14x. Confirmed initial configuration on 12/1/15 and changed to 6 seats in late January. Black metallic, black leather seats, black headliner, black rims, ludicrous. Basically every option except cold weather. I received that email from Tesla about the 3rd row recall and it said my build date was after the recall date. My DS confirms that my car didn't enter production until late March. It arrived last week and went through 7 or 8 days of quality control.

I am thrilled to get my car, but can I please have some advice on what to look for in terms of issues? I am a little nervous having the early VIN and only getting delivery today, but I tell myself it was the Black Onyx wheels and the change from 7 seats to 6 seats.

Thank you!
Great news, let us know how it goes.

@dnarva This is interesting. I am VIN 47x and your saying the car wasn't built until March proves they're building or of VIN order for some reason. My car has a February manufacture date and I received it March 23.

Many people, including TM, have said they're building out of VIN order, but this is the first time I've been able to confirm. So odd.

As for pickup. Congrats and use the checklist and take your time!

@dnarva This is interesting. I am VIN 47x and your saying the car wasn't built until March proves they're building or of VIN order for some reason. My car has a February manufacture date and I received it March 23.

Many people, including TM, have said they're building out of VIN order, but this is the first time I've been able to confirm. So odd.

As for pickup. Congrats and use the checklist and take your time!

Thanks for the advice. Will read now. They postponed my pickup by 90 minutes because they are replacing a door latch. I guess it's better now rather than later when I have already taken it home

Quite honestly, I took @ohmman's advice. Instead of laboring through the Check List, I spent my tiime looking at the finish on the car, console, dash and seats. More checking for blemishes that could be attributed to wear and tear after delivery. My X was detailed well, and had nothing obviously wrong.

After I cleaned the X "my way", I found no issues later as well. I did, however, go other the check list at home. Nothing, Nada.... no issues -- save the tires were slightly over-inflated (it's on the check list). A quick bleed off and issue resolved. The doors worked perfectly and driving is OUTSTANDING! Hope you find the same.

Quite honestly, I took @ohmman's advice. Instead of laboring through the Check List, I spent my tiime looking at the finish on the car, console, dash and seats. More checking for blemishes that could be attributed to wear and tear after delivery. My X was detailed well, and had nothing obviously wrong.

After I cleaned the X "my way", I found no issues later as well. I did, however, go other the check list at home. Nothing, Nada.... no issues -- save the tires were slightly over-inflated (it's on the check list). A quick bleed off and issue resolved. The doors worked perfectly and driving is OUTSTANDING! Hope you find the same.
Congrats!!:)

@Aljohn when did you take delivery and how high is your VIN?