Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Picking Winter Wheels M3P

Which Winter Wheels Blue M3P

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a M3P coming soon and am trying to pick some wheels. As I'm sure you are all aware, it is a bit more challenging than other cars but I'm feeling the rush to get them ordered before my car gets here in around a week. I been reading a lot of the existing threads, but so much info, so little time. Figured I would share what I am looking at and get peoples takes to make sure I'm not missing something before I buy.

I was thinking of 19's for a lot more winter tire options. Open to 18 but know there is a much smaller market of 18s the fit on the Performance. Probably a 235 or 245 tire as I don't need to go super wide for a winter setup.

Car is blue, thinking of either a matte bronze, gunmetal or darker gray, or black. Below are the current front runners which think would all fit.

Option 1:
I kind of drawn to the old rally style of the OZ Rally Racing Wheel but it probably just look like the standard Aero wheels when moving and and I'm not sure the whole rally thing works with the 3.

oz_rallyracing_dg_full.jpg

Option 2:
Completely different style but I also like the Konig Heliograms

PRODUCT_202208231201_wheel_120770_1000_front.png_dt-product-desktop

Option 3:
or the Konig Freeform
PRODUCT_202005010901_wheel_64899_1000_front.png_dt-product-desktop

Option 4:
Part of me thinks I should just go light with the FlowOne F3. Not are showy but really light and pretty affordable.
flow_f3rf_ggms_full.jpg

Option 5:
MSW Type 73 is even cheaper and a few pounds probably is not the end of the world on a winter setup. Looks are okay for me but not a huge draw.
msw_type73_gdg_full.jpg

Option 6:
On the other end, I like these Martain Wheels but they are kind of along the top of what I would be willing to spend and I'm not sure I need to go this nice for winters. Maybe for a set of summer/track wheels.

mw03-br1_747a8f62-642b-4912-a28a-b5f113de74a0.png

Option 7: Other?

Anything else I should check out? Any advice? Thanks

probably depends on where you live, I'm in Colorado and my Winter set-up gets abused with Sand, Mag Chloride, etc.... So I would go with an inexpensive wheel, as you might want to expose a good set of wheels to that kind of treatment. Based on that I would choose Option 5.

Reactions: Clover
I keep coming across more wheels and wanting to grow my list instead of shrink it. One other option I like, I'm not sure I can do since I already used them. I had these Forgestar CF5Vs made in a custom size for a car I have been building and am really happy with them. I could do.set for the M3P but I'm pretty sure I can't do the super deep concave profile I was able to do with my build. They make them in semi-concave, deep concave, and super deep concave depending on size. My below ones are super deep concave and that is a lot of the draw of them for me. I'm not sure I would l be as into them in the deep concave they come in at 19x9.5 with a 29 offset which I'm not sure would fit anyways. They also come in a 9 inch wide option with a 35 offset, but that is just semi-concave. Plus, buying the same wheels for two different cars is kind of boring. Really, I'd like a darker matte bronze like what I have below and am kind of leaning away from the Konig options above which much be a little lighter shade than I'd prefer.

1675917384514.jpeg

I could do Apex EC-7 which are similar and I also like

ScreenShot2021-03-10at6.27.40PM_130c758d-dfe1-467a-a48a-8cfcc364b4e6_1024x1024@2x.png

I also like Gram lights and did not know they fit until tonight. I've like that style of Volks going back a long time, but I'm too cheap to by real Volks.
unnamed_d405a4e8-929b-4bcb-8f54-0fca2e8d0a07_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Those are solid choices, but not exactly what I would consider “winter wheels.”

9.5 +29 will fit, but a 265 tire isn’t exactly ideal for winter.
You are of course correct and I have no defense. There is what I should do, and what tempts me. I should just get something small and affordable and probably not too showy. But... I keep seeing things and thinking unpure thoughts.

Giving myself the weekend to make.a pick. My delivery date is the 18th and while I don't need them for deliver day, it would be nice.

P.s. I may have a bit of a problem. At one point I had 8 sets piled up and ran out of space in my garage and shed. When I say it like that, I relalize just how patient my wife is. BTW, she votes for the for option 4, which seem to have sold out. Says if I go gold, I'm going to need to take up vaping.

• Funny
Reactions: pdx_m3s
A lot of people on the forums have had good experiences with Jova wheels. You're buying direct from the manufacturer, and able to get fully forged, custom manufactured wheels for less than the cost of a lot of cast wheels.

I've got five on their way from China. Forged, custom wheels for $300 each, with an 800kg load rating at 22lbs ea
Thanks, I was not really familiar with them and figured they were more expensive. What offset did you order? Did. you try to push them out to be more flush or did you keep the stock offset?