Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pickup in Tier 4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Garages have been permitted to remain open during all previous lockdown's (they're classified as essential), I can't see this being any different. I ended up collecting my car from Tesla during the March lockdown, however they did start offering home delivery later on.

Not a Tesla, but my father collected a Mobility VW Golf during the last lockdown.

The service side of things in the garage was open, but the sales was shut down apart from a reduced staff just to handle deliveries.

I’d be surprised if it affecting Tesla deliveries too much as they will still want to get outstanding sales for this quarter done and dusted before the end of the quarter.

During the first lockdown people were able to collect their car from Tesla so I’m sure it will be fine for Tier 4
Able to, yes. Supposed to? Not really.

If you remember, during the first lockdown, no one was supposed to go anywhere except for work (and only if necessary) or for essential grocery shopping. Everything else was closed and recreational travel was disallowed. There were exceptions for “essential workers”, which is how some people could legitimately have collected their cars, but your average person wasn’t allowed to.

For a short time I contemplated getting a lift with a housemate into Bristol to collect my car, but I didn’t need to have it - but wanted it, so it wasn’t legitimate. Ultimately Tesla were so desperate for me to have the car by quarter end that they paid a third party to transport it from Southampton docks.

Reactions: MrBadger
Able to, yes. Supposed to? Not really.

If you remember, during the first lockdown, no one was supposed to go anywhere except for work (and only if necessary) or for essential grocery shopping. Everything else was closed and recreational travel was disallowed. There were exceptions for “essential workers”, which is how some people could legitimately have collected their cars, but your average person wasn’t allowed to.

Correct but I don’t see them stopping for Tier 4.

Lockdown started on the 24th March and I was supposed to collect on 25th...I didn’t go collect it in the end as having other cars at the time I didn’t think it was essential but I had it delivered in the end by Tesla from Heathrow.

Reactions: Durzel
Have a think about what extra measures you will take to ensure absolute minimal risk by taking the extra journey.

It will feel essential as it’s a big deal etc etc - but it’s not really essential.

Take extra precautions and practise safe collection sex.

Then all good :)

upload_2020-12-20_20-10-0.jpeg

I am prepared

• Funny
Reactions: Anfieldgaz