Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture of your Model Y - Right Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 930471
View attachment 930472

I got my horizontal rear tail light strip installed.
Does also work as a sequential indicator
Not an easy install as they show in the video.
A model Y is a little different than a model 3 and getting the cable true the rubber boot and getting it of the headliner caused some bleeding vingers

For sale here:
installation video on YouTube:
also now on Hansshow's website:

Have you test if the tow mode work after the install? I’m planning on doing the same and wondering if OEM plug will work or not.
I have friends at the service center but haven’t had the time to go. I’ll report back but YMMV on how cool the guys are. I’ve developed a relationship with them bc of the 3.

Gonna try to piggyback a service with it so I’m not blatantly trying to get it turned on for free…which I sorta am 😝

Reactions: RedRedWyyy
Added some white accessories to the center console. 🍻

Attachments

• white.jpg
    white.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 176
Reactions: Noflash
I finally bought a Tesla. I bought a new Model Y from inventory. We picked it up in Austin yesterday, after my son and I ferried our Nissan Leaf south from DFW the day before.View attachment 931058
After going from a Nissan Leaf to a Y, you must feel like you have gone into the future by 5 years. Congrats on moving up from a soccer mom car.

And since you are in Texas, I highly recommend getting the sunroof shade... as well as the Spigen matte tempered glass protector from Amazon. The 2 most important items when buying a Tesla!

Sunshade on Amazon link

Spigen Matte Screen Protector link

Last edited:
Reactions: bobw
Does this one sag at all? Did you go with black or off white sunshade? Curious how well the material matches the factory interior panels.
No, it doesn't sag in the middle. It's why I went with this style. It uses black plastic clips to hold it in place, along the roof on the sides and then the 2 pieces meet in the middle, and you use the plastic clips to join them together. No stickers, so easy to take off too.
And I went with black. You can still see through it a bit, if you look you can see my halogen overhead lamps through the roof shade in the pic. Where I live, it hits 130° in the summer. With this, I don't feel any heat from the sun. I have it on both my 3 and now my Y.
I also like the fact that people in trucks can't see into my car, when sitting at stop lights. 😂

Attachments

• PXL_20230424_014657082.jpg
    PXL_20230424_014657082.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 222
Reactions: carcrazyguy