Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture request: 19' slipstream grey on MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
anyone own Model S with 19' slipstream grey wheels (oem / powdercoated) that can share some pictures?

I'm contemplating powdercoating my silver ones to oem grey and wanted to see how they looked on my model S (white in color but might be too much of a specific ask)

I would love to see some pictures of the grey slipstreams as well. I recently put in an order for a black MS75 and finally decided on the grey slipstreams (pic below). Should have the car in 3 weeks and I will post some photos...there is really not much online. Buuuuut, I keep going back and forth about going with the 21s. It would help to see these on more cars.
Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 6.46.51 PM.png

Reactions: TwitchADC
Get that center cap powder coated! It's actually a very small metal emblem on top of a plastic housing (it comes off by re-positioning the small metal teeth on the opposite side).

I actually like the contrast of the polished cap with the dark wheels with the current dark/white/chrome theme the car has now (also plan on getting the c/f spoiler). I might change it if I do a full chrome delete but I don't think I'd want to bother with the upkeep on the vinyl.

FYI, the up charge for the grey wheels is $1500, not $2500

Still too much! :)

Actually ended up scrapping the grey slipstreams and going with standard silver, and went with Tsportline after market 20" wheel set. The black friday deal got me. Getting the car in a few weeks, will post some pics with the standard vs aftermarket wheels.

Actually ended up scrapping the grey slipstreams

With the amount of aftermarket options available through vendors like Tsportline and Tire Rack, I think you made a good decision.

This was an option I saw the other day posted in another thread. This is the grey turbine design in size 19. I prefer this design over the slipstreams, although I still have the original silver slipstreams.

Enjoy your new car.

Thanks Sawyer8888!
Pretty sweet option. Was able to get the staggered grey wheel set with pirelli tires (my 75 will be the RWD model) and tesla pressure sensors...just put them right on the car. With the black friday deal, I was able to get a 5th spare rim and $500 off. Plus, I will now have a spare set of standard slipstreams for later (maybe when I sell the car). All this delivered to my door for $1500 less than the 21" rim upgrade option from Tesla!

Thanks Sawyer8888!
Pretty sweet option. Was able to get the staggered grey wheel set with pirelli tires (my 75 will be the RWD model) and tesla pressure sensors...just put them right on the car. With the black friday deal, I was able to get a 5th spare rim and $500 off. Plus, I will now have a spare set of standard slipstreams for later (maybe when I sell the car). All this delivered to my door for $1500 less than the 21" rim upgrade option from Tesla!

Whoa. Excellent deal! The staggered option is quite appealing as well. And a spare? That was a no-brainer. Nice work!

When I switch out my silver slipstreams, I may end up selling them right away to reduce the overall cost of the new wheels.

All the best to you and your soon-to-be ride with souped-up shoes.

Reactions: AngleTheta
BFB7E3F5-441A-4F63-A939-385CCF2B386A.jpeg
167224E1-9BB4-4760-B2D5-2BA765BF0236.jpeg
073F2684-BE0E-447D-8DBD-F604F4E7F712.jpeg
962EC94B-DEEC-45C4-96B9-ED7ED83D98BB.jpeg
So tesla made a mistake and sent my car with the grey slipstreams. They looked great but I had the Tsportlines ready to go. Check out the before and after photos. The 20” wheels looks incredible and it handles like it’s on rails. So now I have a set of factory grey slipstreams for sale if you are interested. Need to get the telsa center caps because I ended up using them on the 20s.