Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of Model 3s with 18" wheels without aero covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
E380FDA5-ADE9-4710-B99F-7923E7D10E58.jpeg
Please post more pics of these wheels without the aero caps.

How much do you think Tesla will charge for the upgraded wheels and tires after purchasing the model 3 if I decide later down the road to upgrade the wheels? Do you think they will charge the $2500?

Well they have a winter tire setup with the 19”s for $2,500 so it’s probably the same price with the all season tires

But I’d probably wait for used ones to start popping up because you know there’s going to be a bunch of constant activity like the turbines for the S, etc! I’d say then you’re back to the $1200-$1500 range maybe?

Agreed on it's all in the eye of the beholder. I've gone back and forth, with getting the 18" aeros, taking off the caps and going naked, upgrading the wheels to 19" sport, and also just going after market and customizing. In all honesty, this is the most expensive car I've purchased and I want to be a bit selfish and get exactly what I want. To me, the aero hubcap is just too dark and doesn't go with any of the colors. I'm looking for refined without a lot of effort. I really just want to order the car and be done. I think the $1,500 upgrade for the 19" sport wheels is reasonable, I like the look (especially the contrast of the wheels to the color of the car on the midnight silver) and have decided to just go for it. The cost will be roughly $25 more a month with the upgraded wheels. I wanted to save the $1,500 and go for the 18" (better range, possibly better ride, cheaper replacement cost of tires, etc.), but alas I'm going for the upgrade. I know myself and would just end up selling the 18" wheels and tires later to go for something else and don't want the hassle. Plus, I "should" be getting back some tax incentives and rebates that would add up to 10 large! If that happens the total price of the car drops below $40K and I'll be a happy camper. Again, to each their own, but I'm going for the look that's going to make me happiest with my purchase (even if that means I have to sacrifice a little in other areas). Plus, I'm going green enough in my eyes. I'm buying a Tesla! I hope everyone chooses exactly what they want. We all deserve it! :)

Tesla 3 in MSM.png

@DK21 there's nothing wrong with getting what you want, that's for sure.
i only prefer the smaller rims due to our pot holes and unexpected road hazards. love the look of the sport rims for sure.
that said, i ordered the center piece and lug cover kit for the 18" aeros. i like the white / grey wheel look.

The 18's have a nice spoke design but the one thing I don't like is that they are grey. Black has a better contrast especially if you chrome delete. Gloss black to be exact

Found these on google looking for black aeros

lqIijhn.jpg

akKh1vX.jpg

2aDrdsU.jpg

Only the all black car has gloss black rims. Blue has satin black. Looks very nice. And will look even better with painted brake calipers

Last edited:
Reactions: msabetta