Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of Model 3s with 18" wheels without aero covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was interested in seeing what it would look like if I got the 18" chromed....here's a photoshopped representation of Midnight silver with chromed 18" side by side with original .....

I like the "chrome" photo shop, but think bright silver paint would be a less expensive and easier to repair way to go. Thanks for the effort...it's inspired me to paint mine (when I get it next August???:()

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder....
I've been struggling with what the car (in my color preferences) look like with de-aero'd 18s and with whether the dark grey rims are the look I want. I know I like the look of the 19" sport wheels because half the photos show them. Now that I have "seen" the 18" in chrome, while I do think that they look great, I like the original dark grey even better. I think I am FINALLY at peace with midnight silver and de-aero'd 18". Yeah!

I was interested in seeing what it would look like if I got the 18" chromed....here's a photoshopped representation of Midnight silver with chromed 18" side by side with original .....

I do like the chrome, but I think I like the original better....but I needed to see it!

Awesome! Any chance you could use your skills and do the same for the red Model 3 posted up in the thread? That's what I originally wanted to achieve, but lately convinced myself to just get the 19", but maybe that's not necessary?

I've been struggling with what the car (in my color preferences) look like with de-aero'd 18s and with whether the dark grey rims are the look I want. I know I like the look of the 19" sport wheels because half the photos show them. Now that I have "seen" the 18" in chrome, while I do think that they look great, I like the original dark grey even better. I think I am FINALLY at peace with midnight silver and de-aero'd 18". Yeah!
I'm now leaning to the same color and wheel scheme. I saw midnight silver in person on several 3s in Fremont in August and loved that color (although they had 19s or covered 18s). I'm spending time staring at the photoshopped images of silver w uncovered aeros, and midnight silver w uncovered aeros, and midnight silver w 19s. Those are the three schemes in play for me as I await my invitation (Q2).

knp5enp.jpg

I've been struggling with what the car (in my color preferences) look like with de-aero'd 18s and with whether the dark grey rims are the look I want. I know I like the look of the 19" sport wheels because half the photos show them. Now that I have "seen" the 18" in chrome, while I do think that they look great, I like the original dark grey even better. I think I a
Awesome! Any chance you could use your skills and do the same for the red Model 3 posted up in the thread? That's what I originally wanted to achieve, but lately convinced myself to just get the 19", but maybe that's not necessary?
Here you go!
m3_red_chrome.jpg
red_orig.jpg

Saw a few nice pictures of the 18" wheels without caps on the Model 3 Facebook group. What's everyone's thoughts on different types of lug nut caps and center caps. These pictures seem to show a chrome lug nut cap and a lighter silver center cap.
yf5c9VJ

yf5c9VJ.jpg

KMJRYHZ.jpg

uQ3SnZ9.jpg
Personally, I intend to cover my hubs with the Tesla covers. I don't want to convey after market rims when I'm riding the OEM rims.

I think I'll do that same thing. If I go on a trip I'll put them back on.

So you waited until you got your VIN, and then went to a store to get the caps and covers?

Also, is there any kind of bag for the aero's, or I wonder if anybody has found something to put them in?

Midnight Sliver:

67mGCgo.jpg
Hey tracksyde. How would you compare handling on the model 3 vs the 86? I have a Subaru BRZ myself and would be interested in your thoughts. In particular do you think the possible weight savings in the short range battery version could be a big plus or does the LR version already handle well enough to keep a BRZ driver happy handling wise. Thanks!

I think I'll do that same thing. If I go on a trip I'll put them back on.

So you waited until you got your VIN, and then went to a store to get the caps and covers?

Also, is there any kind of bag for the aero's, or I wonder if anybody has found something to put them in?
I also own an S so I gave them the VIN to that.

Frankly I don’t think you need a VIN at all to purchase the caps, I think they only ask for it so it’s easier for them to invoice you for them by pulling up your information with it (name/address etc)....

Reactions: suwaneedad
Please post more pics of these wheels without the aero caps.

How much do you think Tesla will charge for the upgraded wheels and tires after purchasing the model 3 if I decide later down the road to upgrade the wheels? Do you think they will charge the $2500?