Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found the Unplugged Performance that electrek reported on this morning. It's in Effingham, IL. Didn't stick around to find the driver.
IMG_20171013_125556.jpg

To give a last feedback about this topic: when I drove home today I explicitly looked at how I was able to see the instruments in my car, both while driving along straight roads as well as while turning. When driving along a straight road, my view was exactly like in the aforementioned marketing picture. When going around various bends and I had to turn the wheel about a fifth of the way, there was no obstruction either. Wenn turning into a side road, a.k.a. when making a 90 degree turn, the wheel did obstruct part of the intruments, but I had to take my eyes off the road in order to even notice. Which felt very unnatural, as I noticed that I never usually look at the instruments while turning.
Of course, if I had my hands on top of the wheel, had fallen asleep or drove while standing on my head, like others seem to frequently do, I might have had difficulties in getting an unobstructed view of the instruments. But I don't, so I didn't ;)
End of story.
Give up.

• Funny
Reactions: jhs_7645 and Skryll
There should be a mini display allowing to control the rear vents (temperature, fan speed, flow direction)
similar to the high tech air control flow on the front central display!
Description of how the Tesla Model 3 air vent is controlled.

This Is How the HVAC Vents On The Tesla Model 3 Work
The rear vents are conventional ones. The flow direction is controlled by the vent tilt and louvers. There is probably just on/off and possibly temperature control "buttons" on the main control screen.

• Informative
Reactions: NeverFollow
You know, all usability concerns could be addressed by a simple test.... :)
Typical situation when you pick up a rental car at an airport after a long flight journey.
Sometime you cannot even find how to start the windshield wiper, back window defroster,
or setting your itinerary on the map display.... while on your way finding the next access to the freeway!

Reactions: davedavedave
Status
Not open for further replies.