Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How so? Your picture pefectly illustrates my point! Every aspect of the display is perfectly visible.
I just don't get it, honestly. What are you talking about??? o_O

Now there's the German perfectionist in me that would call not adjusting your seat, steering wheel etc. to your needs irresponsible behaviour. Even if you don't have driver profiles in your car, adjusting seat and steering wheel seems less a hassle than dealing with the consequences of an accident.

German vs laid back California behavior? I don't always do it if it's a short trip. I definitely don't mess with the rear view mirror as that's manual. I move the seats, steering wheel, side mirrors just enough that I can use them, but I don't sit there fine tuning it like I do when setting up a memory profile. I just move my head to get a better angle. The gauge pod doesn't move. The steering wheel and seats move (and not all seats go up and down). That can lead to situations where you can't see the gauges because the rim of the steering wheel is in the way. Depending on your torso length, among other factors, some people have a harder time finding a good position that's comfortable yet allows great visibility. My wife and I have completely opposite torso/leg length ratios so when I use her car, it's just way too bothersome for me to adjust all her settings to find a great one for mine. I just move as little as possible because she'll just have to adjust it soon again.

Have shied away from the 10 and 3 o'clock position ever since I read about damage to the arms in the event of accident causing air bag deployment. Now place at 4 and 8 o'clock which gives optimum view of the dash and lets the airbag fly - so I've heard.
But I don't believe dashboard display is essential - I've learned that my eyes are capable of turning to the right or left (and even up or down) without moving my head at all.

Kind of coincidental timing, but last week as I drove past a CHiP approaching me in an oncoming lane, I rolled my hand away from it's obscuring position and checked my speedo. Only afterwards did it click how often I have to move my hand or grip to clearly see my speedometer. Apparently I often cruise with one hand at the 12 o'clock position. At that moment I noticed how unobscured the area where the Model 3 speedometer will be and decided it was a non issue for me.

Funny you say that. I did the same exact thing in the same exact situation and thought the same thing about the center screen of the Model 3. Might not be so bad after all....

A8VtGKsTtAp_hvxvI19r3ftArfTFKQY558cRffZCnZNdZH0C0MdyryCkHAGN0LMIt8iZJucz7jdmJQuQg4TP5bcAYaASbxFLUCwwcW-QvP0wK2VD40lWcDtziygIiB5XCW6qcdfilEwz2dWT9ytjeRkq9phGNuKj4hDwd8WqpFpxKk1rGmy95pzjnhPhjAXeMylLZ7bD_E4E9_gI94rpg4Rp1nXkBQYUCkri7YuwR2VhfYOyp_LHC-RFoZVj0IGr4K7Dujz76pkwfBFm6oqxVeVvLRwU3zr8BoIeHz0X9GJMkc_0JlQ-ziAx-tAGsZrOyBEehN1GU2cvYtyWfGC2XTAH3qfTxTUBeap-RznqoGLjoaN3rwhkFh4m14b40e6_7U1SjgB9r-SEAEx7t2gPSkHIn6zPBcIpGizIG5l7TmbTUvMhvVbwPlvzRQvr2V1f9wwDYz6sjjLIRYul4PmAwpkiRpz4RxWhLPkZQI-9SEt0eQiAU3fLA4WDQOoEmU9rm4Yibu-89D4OSeQ6WkXKv-ue-o5A4tDXdUYP1v-C5bWaRAEnesjLPPH_qodOgrnefydRFTDCu8Q7_QRtDl-vhTK4V29YFmYHZa5mIvrpRBpGaR3IFwxU8ITqMdt6rNL1dRrQ-5FbPh9EBVYZw--789dh3mVvbGeAKtEF=w343-h283-no

Just because this thread is due for a picture...

How so? Your picture pefectly illustrates my point! Every aspect of the display is perfectly visible.
I just don't get it, honestly. What are you talking about??? o_O

Apparently. But how on earth?
See the picture above. Which part of the display is obscured to you?
Of course, if you meant that while turning the wheel parts of the display become obscured: of course they do, but if you have to turn your wheel so hard that the display becomes obscured, you are turning off from the main road. In that situation, do you really need to look at the display, or shouldn't your eyes at that moment not rather be on the road to watch out for pedestrians, oncoming traffic or other potential dangers?
And please, that's meant as an honest question, not as an attack on anybodys driving habits.

(Emphasis mine)
Now there's the German perfectionist in me that would call not adjusting your seat, steering wheel etc. to your needs irresponsible behaviour. Even if you don't have driver profiles in your car, adjusting seat and steering wheel seems less a hassle than dealing with the consequences of an accident.

I'm 6'1". I have a Model S and a Ford Escape. When sitting, I cannot see the entire display all at once. The steering wheel blocks part of it and I have to move my head slightly in order to see it. I do not sit real close to the wheel nor straight up. So this issue is probably self inflicted but it's how I prefer to drive.

Reactions: DrivingRockies
MS, M3, MX side-by-side at Fremont factory supercharger. Note that none of the three have front license plates...a no-no in California, but seldom enforced.
View attachment 253719
M3 being juiced-up.
View attachment 253720

Nice! I like the comparison between the 3. And unfortunately, that angle really makes the M3 look awkward IMO.

Kind of like this pic attached. lol

Attachments

• tallcar.png
    tallcar.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 199
Reactions: preilly44
Employees/family are not allowed to sell the car for one year...not sure if they are merley told this or if they sign a contract. I was chatting with an attorney earlier today and he said it is not enforceable - especially outside of California

(I didn’t call my attorney to talk Tesla just brought it up since we are both Tesla owners and close friends)
That could explain why we've seen so much info from two 3 owners out of TX, who I think are family to Tesla employees, but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.