Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DGwSZmKV0AQ-zrW.jpg:large

I'm seeing more of this - wife and I are going Red precisely because of this front-on look!

06-2013-porsche-911-carrera-s-review.jpg

Reactions: tomas
Have those B-pillar card reader-looking things always been there on Model S? Looks the same as Model 3.

I'm looking through facelifted Ss and not seeing that. It also doesn't appear to be on the dark S all the way to the left, although that might just be poor camera resolution.

That's not the reader, it's the AP2 camera, so only cars build since last October have them. The reader is below that and isn't really anything you can see.

Reactions: TEG
I put it through Google Translate for Norwegian and the English translation came out as:
M-m.

Nuuu.

As a Norwegian I can confirm that this is an correct translation. ;)

(Nuuu could be interpret as nooow if the poster is an old school conservative, but no old school conservative would use more then one "u" :p Our Regan-time conservative prime minister was famous for for saying "Nu" instead of "" - both means "Now")

Sorry to be Mr. Dense but I'm wondering what "RC" means.

I googled it and it means, restricted to Tesla terms, "release candidate."

So what does that mean? Is it a "test car"? A crash car? What is it? Sorry to post in the wrong place-- I'd be pleased to be directed.

And how about those stupid serial numbers-- why not assign number one to the first car, and number 2 to the second --- the first 30 "production" cars (now wondering what that means) would not be 1 through 30, fur sure.

Reactions: kenbefound
"Release candidate" is a term borrowed from software development:
Software release life cycle - Wikipedia

Given Tesla's Silicon Valley roots, it's not surprising they're using the same terms to refer to their test vehicles at various stages of development.
Thanks. So an RC car is not the same car as "production" car.
So, like, a beta version?

Thanks. So an RC car is not the same car as "production" car.
So, like, a beta version?
If you look at the link I posted, you will note that Release Candidate follows Beta in the development life cycle. Tesla earlier announced that they were so confident in the progress they were making with the Model 3 that they were skipping the beta phase. Model 3 is now in the Production phase.

Reactions: Vern Padgett
Status
Not open for further replies.