Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kenriko,

Seriously entertaining these 20” Turbines....just phenomenal. What were you running stock before the change? 18” aero or 19” Stillettos? So my question is you did a video weighing these EVs...what were they like 10lbs heavier per rim? I’d like to know if you can give me an energy consumption comparison on range with the 20” EVs compared to the 19” stilettos if you had those or the 18” Aeros if you had those. I’m going 19” Stillettos stock but may upgrade to these EVs if the hit isn’t to obscene!

Ski

Ok so I did a test not driving like an ass. I got between 240 - 270wh/mi driving on normal city streets with 3 adults and 2 kids in the car.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
C4800FD3-AA0D-4E9A-B6CA-0F2EAD966742.jpeg

Is one of these five Model 3s your car? If you're picking yours up soon in Southern California, it might be! I passed them yesterday afternoon north of Los Angeles headed south. Sorry, no VINs while cruisin'. ;) Two Model Xs were also on board. I'm picking up my Model 3 this morning, but it's none of these.

View attachment 290709

Wow...that White X is fully wrapped in that factory plastic, unlike the one in front that's only partially plastic wrapped ;)

--Cintoman

• Funny
Reactions: TQCLove
I was researching this prior to my purchasing wheels and tires today.
From TST's site:
Tesla 18' x 8.5' Aero 21.6 lbs (Without Aero Cover), 23 lbs (With Aero Cover)
Tesla 19' x 8.5' Stiletto 25.0 lbs
Tesla 20' x 8.5' & 10' Stiletto 33-35 lbs (Speculated)

EVWheels Direct 20 x 8.5" +35 - 32lbs

Ones I just ordered are TSW Nurburgring 20 x 8.5 - 23Ibs
(Tax free, free shipping Total $1273.28)
wheel_tsw_00813_dark-grey_matte-gunmetal_na_20_medium.png
Why not 20 X 10 at the rear and 20 X 8,5 at the front?
8,5 at the back won't look good, way to flat.
Just my opinion.
Nice rims.

Someone really needs to hurry up and make aero wheel covers that look like the ones on the matte black reveal car in 19" and 20" size. I would buy them in a heartbeat.
I read an article someplace by the designer of the aero covers. He said they started with the concept of the matte black car wheels and improved on the design to make aero covers more efficient and increase range. The numbers I read are a 4% increase in range for covers on the 18" wheels as opposed to 18" without covers and a 10% increase in range with 18" wheels and aero covers compared to 19" wheels.

This is my config. Thanks for posting this, aero's on red are growing on me again.

Every time I think I get settled on a color, I see a photo like this and change my mind... I'm definitely getting the aeros but keep debating between blue and red - and my son is pushing for midnight silver which I like as well, but I'd really like it to be a color, not just a shade of white/black/silver.

Tempted to wrap it in a nice green, not as dark as the original Model S green though.

• Love
Reactions: Model 3
Every time I think I get settled on a color, I see a photo like this and change my mind... I'm definitely getting the aeros but keep debating between blue and red - and my son is pushing for midnight silver which I like as well, but I'd really like it to be a color, not just a shade of white/black/silver.

Tempted to wrap it in a nice green, not as dark as the original Model S green though.

Keep in mind if you get the Aeros, they come with all-season tires which make the car much less nimble than it can be with a good set of UHP tires. That might not matter to you if you don't enjoy a "spirited" drive but it's something to keep in mind.

Keep in mind if you get the Aeros, they come with all-season tires which make the car much less nimble than it can be with a good set of UHP tires. That might not matter to you if you don't enjoy a "spirited" drive but it's something to keep in mind.

I live in the Boston area. I think the roads are just too beat up for 19s. And I prefer the additional range.

Long time poster here. Been dreaming of owning a tesla for years and it finally came true on Thursday night!

I know silver metallic is not the most popular option and neither are sport wheels (I had a tough time finding pictures) so I thought I would leave a few pictures to help those who are tempted by this setup!

VIN 10981

Attachments

• IMG_2840.JPG
    IMG_2840.JPG
    251.9 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_2841.JPG
    IMG_2841.JPG
    293.5 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_2842.JPG
    IMG_2842.JPG
    236.5 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_2844.JPG
    IMG_2844.JPG
    422.7 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_2845.JPG
    IMG_2845.JPG
    475 KB · Views: 412
Long time poster here. Been dreaming of owning a tesla for years and it finally came true on Thursday night!

I know silver metallic is not the most popular option and neither are sport wheels (I had a tough time finding pictures) so I thought I would leave a few pictures to help those who are tempted by this setup!

VIN 10981

The sport wheels match the silver so nicely, looks really clean, congrats!

I live in the Boston area. I think the roads are just too beat up for 19s. And I prefer the additional range.

I live in southern NH, and I work in Cambridge. Today's round trip of about 85 miles got me 219Wh/mi. I had the cabin heater on for much of the way down. None on the way up. I have 18" aeros. Car is really efficient!

Status
Not open for further replies.