Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes?

KEpBIjw.jpg

8snMz3J.jpg

I popped by the Service Center in Tyson's Corner, VA on friday, and saw 3 red Model 3s, all with aeros. I've always wanted to see side by side shots of the Model 3 next to a Gen 3 Prius, as that's what I'm driving now. Here's some shots:

I was researching this prior to my purchasing wheels and tires today.
From TST's site:
Tesla 18' x 8.5' Aero 21.6 lbs (Without Aero Cover), 23 lbs (With Aero Cover)
Tesla 19' x 8.5' Stiletto 25.0 lbs
Tesla 20' x 8.5' & 10' Stiletto 33-35 lbs (Speculated)

EVWheels Direct 20 x 8.5" +35 - 32lbs

Ones I just ordered are TSW Nurburgring 20 x 8.5 - 23Ibs
(Tax free, free shipping Total $1273.28)
wheel_tsw_00813_dark-grey_matte-gunmetal_na_20_medium.png
Would the extra 8-10 lbs per wheel of weight going from 18 aeros to the 20 EVWD turbines make a big difference in either range or performance?

So after going back and forth between silver metallic and pearl white for the model configuration I locked in on the silver metallic. I scoured the internet (forums, Tesla website) to find anything I could find for silver model 3 pics. Most were pre-production models. Tesla doesn't even have professional shots of the silver on their site.

I went ahead and threw a compilation of my silver model 3 for you to view - if your on the fence. I'm glad I picked the color! White is great too tho.

Long time lurker here. I'm very much enjoying this thread. I have been dithering in my mind between the Deep Blue Metallic and Red Multi-Coat and am still undecided. It's very much a matter of personal preference and I know there are dozens of threads on this sort of topic. It's funny, because for the Model S I feel the blue works really nicely, whereas the red is quite fitting for the Model 3. Makes it look sporty. Here in England there's no chance of seeing them in person for a while yet, although I'll be visiting San Francisco shortly and look forward to seeing some in person.

Reactions: PeterK
Here in England there's no chance of seeing them in person for a while yet, although I'll be visiting San Francisco shortly and look forward to seeing some in person.
Seeing the car in person is going to be a bitter/sweet experience. The car looks MUCH BETTER in person than in pictures. The car is just WOW, both exterior and interior. Just wait til you experience that shocking interior with the all glass roof and the smooth exterior that looks like a shark on the hunt.

I remember the first time I saw one in person, 5 months ago. I was driving on the highway past a Supercharger. I saw five MS in a row charging. But I thought, "the one on the end looks a little different, could it be?" I was almost past the offramp but made a hard right turn much to the dismay of the driver behind me (irresponsible lout on my part). AND THERE IT WAS, THE HOLY GRAIL. I circled the car on foot a dozen times, like a supplicant at a shrine, trying to take in all the details. There was too much to see. The owner was nowhere to be seen. I didn't want to see the car, I wanted to feel it, caressing every nook and cranny. But the car wasn't mine and I resisted the urge to touch and violate it. Soon, too soon, the owner (a Space X engineer I soon learned) came out of an adjacent restaurant to continue his journey. I had a million questions to ask him, but my mind went blank. I blurted out the most stupid question of all time, "How do you like It?" I felt humiliated and absurd. A complete failure. His answer was, "I love this car and I can't wait to drive it some place, any place" which should have been a hint to me. He was very nice and patient and gave me intuitive answers to my unasked questions. And then it was time for him to go and he had the audacity to take his car with him! I wanted to run after him like a stray dog, but the car was going 60mph in about 5 seconds, too fast for my tired wheels.

The really hard part is going back home and realizing that you won't be getting your car for another year! You will fall asleep at night dreaming about your car. And you will have the occasional nightmare about some complete stranger walking up to your car when you are not around and violating it in the most obscene way!

Haha. Thanks for the heads-up. I am mentally prepared for being absolutely amazed by the car, but coming to the realisation that I will have to wait a while longer to get my hands on one. It's nice having something to look forward to, though. ;) At least I currently own an EV (Renault ZOE) so don't have to put up with ICE in the meantime.

So after going back and forth between silver metallic and pearl white for the model configuration I locked in on the silver metallic. I scoured the internet (forums, Tesla website) to find anything I could find for silver model 3 pics. Most were pre-production models. Tesla doesn't even have professional shots of the silver on their site.

I went ahead and threw a compilation of my silver model 3 for you to view - if your on the fence. I'm glad I picked the color! White is great too tho.
Thanks @megapixel !! I'm stuck with the exact same dilemma.. can't decide between silver and white. This helps immensely!

I think the silver looks great with black interior. If white interior is available when my config date arrives, I may go white/white. The pictures in the manual are white/white and I love that look too.

I was looking at my reflection in the ceiling of the car yesterday and I wondered what the white was going to be like. I guess it will be the same as the full glass MS with a white interior. I bet it will be easier to see outside the car with the current black tho

-Randy

Long time lurker here. I'm very much enjoying this thread. I have been dithering in my mind between the Deep Blue Metallic and Red Multi-Coat and am still undecided. It's very much a matter of personal preference and I know there are dozens of threads on this sort of topic. It's funny, because for the Model S I feel the blue works really nicely, whereas the red is quite fitting for the Model 3. Makes it look sporty. Here in England there's no chance of seeing them in person for a while yet, although I'll be visiting San Francisco shortly and look forward to seeing some in person.

Red multi coat on display just across Golden Gate Bridge in Corte Madera

Reactions: EVMeister
Status
Not open for further replies.