Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I noticed in the photo was the Arachnid wheels ... :cool:
:D oh you mean the ones my wife said she won't scuff up? Well, that lasted 2 months hahaha
Don't blame her NJ potholes...

made a quick vid too. Nothing ya'll don't know. I'm still tossing getting a 3 or not but Iwe'll have to give up the S. The S is better for the family and RFS comes in handy more often than not. Kids and their friends love them!

Yeah, I love my 3, but I am never going to have more than 4 people in it so I get to drive the cool sporty car and not the boat. The boat that oddly doesn't seem to have much more interior room or be any easier to get in or out of. I want a 2-door Tesla.

The only good thing I can think of after having a loaner S for almost a month recently was that if there is no FWD you get some extra space in the Frunk. I keep looking at that space under the frunk in my 3 and wonder what I could do with it. Perhaps a propane powered heater so the coolant can be warmed up on cold winter days w/o eating the battery. There's a 3P idea someone needs to develop. "Quick, pull over, I have to change the 1lb propane bottle"

-Randy

One of the two coolant lines is blocking. As Ingineerix put it. A place you could put a small child in. Doubt it would be changed, as the margins are now in the AWD, P3D. Maybe a little more thought on the $25k car coming in 3 years..... If you build it like a race car frame you get some really nice storage areas.

Not moving that coolant line, but I could see someone trying it that was trying to hide something nefarious.

Hyperbole, my wife says I am its master. They said it would be done in a week and it took two, so I HAVE to exaggerate.

Yeah, the space under the frunk is hard to get to, they put the battery and some reservoirs up there, so they can be easily accessed. I think there is just about enough space to change a 1 lb. tank of propane, that's why I suggested that a coolant heater would be good under there for those that wanna stay warm but don't want to eat their battery alive doing it. There is a great video of a guy hacking such a system into our other electric car, the iMiev.

Sorry, I believe we were talking about photos of the car

-Randy

True, in the video of the iMiev conversion he used a gasoline coolant heater and a lawn mower gas tank. Only the tank is made of plastic and the gasoline exhaust is noxious. I wonder how much of a fire difference there is in a quarter gallon gasoline vs. a 1 lb. recyclable metal tank of propane. Propane is certainly cleaner, and I was suggesting mounting it along the firewall where the battery cover comes off, not out near the bumper in the crumple zone.

-Randy

Back to topic. Just picked up mine at the Dedham, MA store. They were busy with deliveries. We saw a truck pull in with mostly 3s as we were there, and they’ve rented and filled to overflowing a lot across the street. One staffer said they’re now getting about four trucks a day, two of which are all 3s. Now that AWD is shipping the floodgates have opened in New England!

A few minor trim/frunk/trunk tweaks they photographed and noted for a service visit. Also the new car smell is strong and made me a bit nauseated on the first drive. Keeping windows open for a while. Awesome car that handles great! Sound is better than my X, which is better than my S was - all premium.

It took about 20 miles to calibrate the cameras and enable autopilot and cruise control. Replaced the Aeros with the cap kit when we got home. Will use Aeros for road trips.

F65DA928-4088-4100-8258-76E1BB285FC4.jpeg
F236D383-0C77-4142-A26A-7829AB27424A.jpeg
298AA5BD-5A68-439B-8263-B98E699694C9.jpeg
D36EBEE6-F9CF-495D-9B5A-6A8F258F47A9.jpeg
FBD95EA8-09ED-43A2-AD83-D3251679FE8C.jpeg

Back to topic. Just picked up mine at the Dedham, MA store. They were busy with deliveries. We saw a truck pull in with mostly 3s as we were there, and they’ve rented and filled to overflowing a lot across the street. One staffer said they’re now getting about four trucks a day, two of which are all 3s. Now that AWD is shipping the floodgates have opened in New England!

A few minor trim/frunk/trunk tweaks they photographed and noted for a service visit. Also the new car smell is strong and made me a bit nauseated on the first drive. Keeping windows open for a while. Awesome car that handles great! Sound is better than my X, which is better than my S was - all premium.

It took about 20 miles to calibrate the cameras and enable autopilot and cruise control. Replaced the Aeros with the cap kit when we got home. Will use Aeros for road trips.

View attachment 327657 View attachment 327658 View attachment 327659 View attachment 327660 View attachment 327661
As somebody in Somerville with the same config (still waiting on mine), it's great to see I'll have a twin on the road!

View attachment 327657 View attachment 327658 View attachment 327659 View attachment 327660 View attachment 327661

Congrats to you and all who just took delivery. The new car smell thing was pretty intense on my S too. I think it's at least partially because you get the car so close to when its built compared to other car makers' cars. In any case, we sped up the desmelling by parking the car in the garage every night with the windows down and an ozonator running on high inside. That killed off the smell dramatically in a few days and eliminated it in about 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.