Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does CA not issue temporary tags on new cars? I'm just asking because every photo in this thread of Model 3s without their license plates on just have the paper "Zero emissions" tag on the back of the car. Here in NJ when you buy a car the dealership puts a temporary license plate tag on that's usually good for about 2 or 3 weeks while they wait for the permanent license plates to come in.

Does CA not issue temporary tags on new cars? I'm just asking because every photo in this thread of Model 3s without their license plates on just have the paper "Zero emissions" tag on the back of the car. Here in NJ when you buy a car the dealership puts a temporary license plate tag on that's usually good for about 2 or 3 weeks while they wait for the permanent license plates to come in.

It is usually a piece of paper that is applied to the front windshield with a clear sticker.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Indeed. So long as folks aren't lifting entire posts and are including links back to the source, there's nothing wrong with sharing info here.

And, of course, it's beneficial to those of us who can't individually check every potential Model 3 info source every 30 minutes.

It feels like that is what's happening. So far, seen about three references to that post here and expect more to come as it continues to get updates. Not sure if anyone cares but everyone seems to disagree this is what's happening.

It might be a regional thing.
IMG_3029.PNG

• Helpful
Reactions: Jopo43
California temporary paperwork is taped to the windshield, lower right corner. It's not on the plate.

so on the advice of someone on reddit, i went to the new fremont delivery center (just 1 mile south of factory) and found 7 model 3s ready to be delivered. i focused on white #140 since it has my exact configuration but also noticed the sticker clearly stating no PUP, but i looked in the interior and looked up at the roof and it was clearly glass roof cross the whole cabin. also the interior materials looks all leather to me, so i'm not sure what's going on, maybe the sticker was printed incorrectly? unlikely.

View attachment 246856 View attachment 246860 View attachment 246861 View attachment 246859 View attachment 246857 View attachment 246858 View attachment 246855
Many thanks for the pictures. Those "solid" wheels are plug ugly. And the solid glass roof? I hate sunroofs, so this would turn me off entirely to buying this car, and I've gotta believe it is enormously more expensive than a standard roof.

Just a guess, but I think he's more interested in driving it right now. :) I'll share what I can.

I would be very interested in how (well) the blind spot detection / notification works. I think that the vehicles with the illumination in the side mirrors are the most intuitive because you are generally looking into your side mirror before a lane change. Curious how Tesla has addressed the problem in the M3....

I would be very interested in how (well) the blind spot detection / notification works. I think that the vehicles with the illumination in the side mirrors are the most intuitive because you are generally looking into your side mirror before a lane change. Curious how Tesla has addressed the problem in the M3....
Probably the same as in the S and X, it's not in the mirrors and only shows in the picture in the instrument console, or center screen for the 3. I don't see them making that change although I believe pretty much all other manufacturers either put it in the mirror or lower A-pillar area.

The sticker in the window is the temp tag.
image1-jpg.247201

California closes the Steve Jobs license plate loophole

Quote:

One of the many things Steve Jobs was famous for was his refusal to put a license plate on the back of his car, a Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG. Jobs—or someone close to him—spotted a loophole in California DMV regulations allowing six months of grace before a license plate had to be attached to a new car. As a result, the Apple supremo maintained a rolling six-month lease on a series of new SL55 AMGs, replacing one with another just before the grace period ran out.

End quote.

Loophole will be closed in 2019. Very strange loophole, IMHO.

[QUOTE="nikeykid, post: 2305152, member: 46544" ]if you don't want the all-glass roof, then get non-PUP. that's what I'm doing. save $5k, no more pain. [/QUOTE]

Not quite so easy. I like most of the features included in the "PUP" but IF there is an opportunity to NOT include the glass roof .... that is what I will order. By the time my number comes up (late 2018 or early 2019) who knows what the options will be?

I didn't say anything about the price of the premium package. @pdq asserted that the glass roof was "enormously more expensive" - I just want to know why he thinks a piece of glass is more expensive than a metal roof (which must be painted and have a headliner installed).
From what I've read, it is cheaper for Tesla to do a glass roof — as they now have on all the Model S cars — because it allows better access for robots to drop seats and other interior equipment into the open roof car. The glass roof then goes on afterward. FWIW.

Reactions: Runt8 and GoTslaGo
"t-shirt forum" expression got a chuckle out of me. It refers to the "Tesla Model 3 Club" forum that has an advert flogging t-shirts at the top of every single page.
Maybe it's not as subtle as the banner ads here on TMC, but sites like these have to find ways to pay for the cost of operation somehow. I just treat it as a large page header and scroll past it. But I did buy a "3" baseball cap from them since Tesla's apparel store doesn't have any Model 3 logoed merchandise yet.

• Informative
Reactions: Dr. J
Status
Not open for further replies.