Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A twofer to make up for all the non-picture posts I've cluttered this thread with:

The Tesla Show on Twitter

The Tesla Show on Twitter

9 new Model 3's, headed for delivery

DIMOnOcUIAATv2n.jpg

9 is good. I like 9.

Model 3 sightings compilation video

Thanks for sharing. It's funny how videos completely change my opinion about the car, as I imagine it is for people that see it in person. A lot of the "in the wild" camera photos we have floating around in these early days really fail to capture the sportiness of the car's design, for some reason. But when you have a video where somebody walks around the car and catches the angles in good lighting, it really looks great.

A lot of photos I've seen of the car seem to make Midnight Silver look like a borderline blueish-gray color (too close to my wife's Toyota Corolla) but most of the VIDEOS I've watched make Midnight Silver look very true silver-grey (which is what I'm really hoping for).

Reactions: insaneoctane
Guys, guys! I finally get to play! woot
Highway 280 south in the Bay Area:

What is this?
(Have not seen many pics with the lights on. And I think I'm funny, bear with me)
View attachment 243385

Oh yes! A 3, a white one!
View attachment 243381

With the aero wheels! And they work on white! Poor Prius back there...
(Sorry for the focus, I was mostly-blindly snapping pics while on Autopilot)
View attachment 243380

Sexy...
View attachment 243383

Yes, it does look better in person.
View attachment 243384

In context. Those other cars look a little, umm, old.
View attachment 243379

I certainly hope so!
View attachment 243382
Wow, today again! In San Francisco, on Cortland in the very hip Bernal Heights neighborhood.
This time a light gray Model 3, with the aero wheels (that combo does not work for me though).
I did not snap a pic, as the second time I drove past (yeah, I made four right turns to get a second look), the guy in it was staring me down a bit. ;-)
He was parked on the street, with what looked liked a surf board bag on the roof. Did not have time to see if there was a rack there, but am thinking no.

Is it possible to go down to a Tesla store and see other Tesla's with the same paint to get a good visual? I assume the model 3's colors aren't all unique to just the 3.
All colours that I have sean on Model 3 exists on Model S and X to so yes, you can go down to a tesla store if you want to see the colours in the real. Of corse it's not sertanly they will have cars in all colours in at the same time if it's not a service center but maybe you can see a few.

Bull.

Photo distorts proportions due to lenses used.
While I agree with this assertion, you can't claim photo distortion here because of the Model S next to it. It's not perfect, but it is a great reference point for comparison and the Model S is attractive and proportionate in this image. Even the Model X looks good because the greenhouse is proportionate to its hood. Model 3 looks like a clown car from the front because it's so narrow and tall and stubby. Go-cart maybe, but not sporty and attractive. Almost looks a bit like a VW Bug with its aggressively sloping hood line and panel shape.

Quoting the other guys because this response is sorta relevant:

It's the only picture I've ever seen of the 3, and we've literally seen 100s from all angles, where the proportions look odd. Given that, I'll go with the fact that the 3 remains a damn good looking car. One picture will not change my mind when the others look so good.

I'm even liking the 18" wheels with the aero covers off. On the white car, it looks very nice.
But the one you refer to is an optical illusion caused by the loss of depth due to the camera lens combined with the lack of traditional depth cues we would use to interpret it correctly due to the all glass roof. If you were actually looking at the car instead of a single picture, the wonders of stereoscopic vision and context cues from a dynamic image would instantly prove your assessment wrong.

• Love
Reactions: FlatSix911
Status
Not open for further replies.