Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
White Model 3 spotted at SJC International Airport • r/teslamotors

dbu8ydewv4mz.jpg

I think Elon and Tesla would have been skewered for missing yet another deadline had they not done the handover event in July, even though it was openly acknowledged as an "impossible" date. They did and continue to emphasize the S-curve in the projected Model 3 Production Timeline to help set realistic expectations, and to quench thermal runaway of 3 fever by offering the Model S ("anti-selling") as an alternative to those who can't wait for the 3. Doesn't look like their efforts in this regard were entirely successful. ;)

Funny thing is the July deadline was totally self-imposed. Elon had been saying "probably by the end of 2017", then all of a sudden he spit out July 2017 as when the first deliveries would be made.

Reactions: zmarty
I'm starting to feel it was a bizarre decision to have the launch party in July. That was the month of the impossible deadline, as Elon described it. No one would have faulted them from "launching" the car later. So bizarre to be like, "Hey everyone! Look at our new car! But please don't look too close, and we actually really don't want to talk about it. In fact, just stop looking all together. Could we perhaps interest you in a Model S?"
As other pointed out the July event was mainly for employees. As to why it was made a public event, Elon set an impossible deadline and they met it, and they deserve to get the spot light for 1 night while taking delivery of a beautiful car, let everyone else drool over it.

Last edited:
I still have not see a M3 in person, but this picture confirms, at least in my mind, my objection to the 18 inch wheels and tires.
The wheel appears too wide for the tire. I dislike the fact that the tire "balloon-out" to match the wheel width.
I'm wondering ... perhaps the aero covers are not contributing to greater efficiency as thought?
But perhaps it's the 18" wheel that are more narrow (energy savers) than the 19"?

Attachments

• JLuZ68F.jpg
    JLuZ68F.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.