Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still skeptical how well that charge port door is going to hold up. Hopefully it is an easily replaceable part without having to change out the whole assembly. :p

I know this is dorky and not appreciated by most, but the 3 seems to have a very satisfying door closing sound. Sounds solid and not "tinny". Getting that right sound and feel can be tricky.
I know the sound. The doors on the i3 I had did not sound great at all but the hatch was awesome.

I
I know this is dorky and not appreciated by most, but the 3 seems to have a very satisfying door closing sound. Sounds solid and not "tinny". Getting that right sound and feel can be tricky.

It's definitely appreciated by me, and I'm the crazy guy at the car shows that's opening/closing doors just to hear how solid or how tinny they are. I'll even close the doors several times with the handle "open" so it doesn't latch closed to see "how" they go about making it sound solid. It makes a big difference to me. My Mercedes has that satisfying solid sound, and when I close other car doors, I can definitely notice the difference.

--Cintoman

• Informative
Reactions: TMSE
At first I thought the vanity mirror was motorized...

What I found interesting is that it looks like the lights are not "tacked on" to the sides of the mirror. They look like they're behind the mirror glass, in effect, making the whole glass part seamless. Note how you can see the person's reflection on the light portion of the mirror nearly as good as the actual mirror reflection. Very very cool.

--Cintoman

Love me some four-bar linkage action!
Thanks for the great post.

I know other cars have multi-linkage hinges, but props to Tesla for making this so we don't have the cheaper gooseneck hinges impinging on our trunk space, but for also making the trunk and the roof pillar nearly seamless. I know some of the RC's had some quite noticeable issues right at this point, which I thought Tesla would never get it exactly right. Glad they proved me wrong. Looks great.

--Cintoman

No new information, just another Model 3 delivered this week to a friend . I don't know the VIN, I just know the new owner is beyond excited. And rightfully so. :)

22050181_10155726282946613_6959560801388112614_n.jpg
22049817_10155726304046613_4958183696385215353_n.jpg
22046736_10155727701806613_8553241401177416265_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.