Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of you prefer the stock chrome with silver exterior....but to me this is absolute perfection. We all have to agree that it's nice to see some unique model 3 showing up.

I think for me I like it but there are a couple things I don't really like. First I like the wheels a lot but I think the cap and lug nuts don't really work with those wheels. I think putting the original black covers back on with the tesla logo would have been better. Second I think I like the trim around the mirrors and windows as black but on a silver car I would have left a bit of chrome. Maybe the door handles and the emblems.

I have been looking around at upscale cars and it seems like a lot of them have black out on their sport models. Audi has the black optics package and it looks really sharp and Jaguar has the black out on their new cars/suv's and that looks sharp too. The difference between those and this model 3 is the door handles are usually paint colored so the door handles kind of stick out here. I think if they were door colored or left chrome the entire car would really look great. For darker cars like midnight grey, red, or blue the black door handles would go better.

On my car I am most likely getting the blue and will be doing a dark grey for the trim and handles. The sport wheels will also be the same color but I'll have the original plastic caps in the center (unless someone sells an aftermarket carbon fiber version that matches the reveal cars).

White:

TheTeslaLife on Twitter

DMMtg1CX0AgBpUC.jpg

DMMtg1GW0AUCOsW.jpg

I'm getting spotted all over the place! :D

I think for me I like it but there are a couple things I don't really like. First I like the wheels a lot but I think the cap and lug nuts don't really work with those wheels. I think putting the original black covers back on with the tesla logo would have been better. Second I think I like the trim around the mirrors and windows as black but on a silver car I would have left a bit of chrome. Maybe the door handles and the emblems.

I have been looking around at upscale cars and it seems like a lot of them have black out on their sport models. Audi has the black optics package and it looks really sharp and Jaguar has the black out on their new cars/suv's and that looks sharp too. The difference between those and this model 3 is the door handles are usually paint colored so the door handles kind of stick out here. I think if they were door colored or left chrome the entire car would really look great. For darker cars like midnight grey, red, or blue the black door handles would go better.

On my car I am most likely getting the blue and will be doing a dark grey for the trim and handles. The sport wheels will also be the same color but I'll have the original plastic caps in the center (unless someone sells an aftermarket carbon fiber version that matches the reveal cars).
I definitely agree about the center cap and lug covers looking odd on these wheels. I would have kept the stock cap. But easy to change back and forth or switch it up from time to time.

Not a fan of the wrap on the mirrors either. Some cars pull it off, but looks odd to me on the 3. Brushed wrap looks weird on the dash and console. It's kind of glossy, kind of matte, although the dash looks more glossy.

Reactions: plankeye
It just means the person decided not to rent it anymore.
Perhaps.

I rented a car from Turo that had defective brakes and gave a pretty negative review to the owner and wrote directly to Turo, although I did mention that the owner promised me by personal email to repair the car for future Turo rentals. The car has not not been available for Turo rentals since then with the same 'disabled by owner' message which makes me wonder if Turo now disallows the car.

Maybe we have a new topic but I was curious what people would charge/pay as I will looking at doing the same thing. I was thinking more like $150/day with 100 miles for a SR with PUP or $600 for 5 days.

Are you able to disable autopilot and how would the superchargers work?

Status
Not open for further replies.