Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_9089.JPG
First sighting for me of a Model 3 in the wild (other than my own).
Good comparison of the 2 wheel options on silver.

is it standard to have all glass roof as this white model 3 or is it extra
thanks
It's not standard, it's part of the PUP (Premium Upgrades Package). But currently the Model 3 is only available with PUP.
Press Kit | Tesla

The standard roof is scheduled to be available a year from now, but it's been rescheduled before, and of course this is all in Elon time.

Last edited:
is it standard to have all glass roof as this white model 3 or is it extra
thanks

To further clarify, the currently available Model 3, what's called "First Production", includes the Premium Upgrades Package (PUP). One of the items in PUP is the all glass roof option. Eventually, when Tesla releases Model 3 versions that don't include PUP, the all glass roof will not be included. To be clear, the area we're talking about is the glass panel above the driver and front passenger's head. In PUP models, this is all glass. In non-PUP models, this will likely be steel (although we have not seen any non-PUP models as of yet).

All Teslas (PUP and non-PUP models) will have the full glass panel from the center of the car all the way to the back of the car.

The first pic is of the glass area above the driver and front seat passenger. This portion is what's included in the PUP, and currently, a required option on the First Production models.

The second pic is a top view looking down at the Model 3 roof. If you look closely, you can see the seam separating the front roof glass (the one above the driver and front passenger), and the much larger one-piece glass (which is standard on all Model 3's) that goes from the middle of the car all the way back to the rear trunk.

And finally, the third pic is just another one giving you a good view of both sections of the roof.
Model 3 - 06-22-2017 - White - 09.jpeg
08-04-2017 - Model 3 - Production - Closeup Details 03.png
08-19-2017 - Model 3 - Production - Red VIN 000033 - 06.JPG

--Cintoman

No... very close - and we locals like to keep this secret. PM me before your trip.
Pacific Grove? I used to live around there when I was a proud Monterey County employee, never heard that it's a big secret. In fact, they could use your business. Great restaurants on Lighthouse Avenue! Go! Go now!!!

Take a jacket, though, because it's always cold as f@#$. In fact, the wind almost blew my girlfriend off the rocks at Lovers' Point.

Reactions: DR61
Pacific Grove? I used to live around there when I was a proud Monterey County employee, never heard that it's a big secret. In fact, they could use your business. Great restaurants on Lighthouse Avenue! Go! Go now!!!

Take a jacket, though, because it's always cold as f@#$. In fact, the wind almost blew my girlfriend off the rocks at Lovers' Point.

Nope.... Pics are not in Pacific Grove. In fact, most Pagrovians could not tell you where those pics were taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.