Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pittsburgh - Buying the Future in the City of Champions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings from the Steel City, City of Bridges, Iron City, City of Champions, Golden Triangle, etc. etc.

We are anxiously awaiting our grey Model S THIS WEEK! I'm a long time lurker her but didn't start posting until last Fall.

In fact, I'm SO long-winded when I type that I won't even bother to repeat it all here. What started as a blog post to this site has become its OWN series of blog posts on its OWN website. I plan to keep the website updated with my experiences and tidbits relevant to my area (many of you may have already been there for the Cranberry Supercharger Ribbon Cutting post).

http://www.teslapittsburgh.com

I'll be finishing my long introduction this week while awaiting our car-- it'll eventually be 11 parts-- but you can start with the very first post here: http://teslapittsburgh.blogspot.com/2014/05/part-1-in-beginning.html

What those posts won't tell you is much about me personally. Simply put, I'm a worker-bee in a local television newsroom with a wife and 2 kids. I grew up an Army brat (logging many years in Europe culminating in my high school graduation in Stuttgart) and met my wife in upstate New York at Ithaca College. We settled in Pittsburgh in 1995 and have been here ever since. LOVE this city.

I've always been a car-guy and the Model S just checked virtually every box I have.... and here's where the blog picks up!

It's been an absolute pleasure writing back and forth with "yinz guys" the last year or so and I'm very excited to officially join "the club" when a Model S parks in my garage for the first time this week. Thanks everyone for all your help!!

Reactions: singleview
I cannot believe the last few days of your long pre-delivery wait are finally upon us! Looking forward to meeting your new baby, though Tess will be mighty jealous.

I also have to say that so far, your blog entries are consistently delivering at least one "nearly-choked-on-my-coffee" laugh-worthy line.

I've finally figured it out! With the serialization of the story, you're taking owners nostalgically back to that near-unbearable "waiting period" feeling between car purchase and delivery, but limited to 24-hour chunks and repeated to prolong the agony in a different way! My emotions are going up (next one is published, yay!) and down (5 minutes later) and up again like Tesla stock! :)

But seriously: good writing!

prolong the agony in a different way!

If I ever write a book, THAT is going to be my back cover blurb.

Seriously though, thanks! I'm glad you're having fun with them. When my kids ask me years from now why I spent their inheritance I want the reasons to be available in case my feeding tube impairs my speech.

Also, I'm really am trying to get caught up to present day before delivery... but I don't think I'm going to make it. Less than 24 hours!

I've finally figured it out! With the serialization of the story, you're taking owners nostalgically back to that near-unbearable "waiting period" feeling between car purchase and delivery, but limited to 24-hour chunks and repeated to prolong the agony in a different way! My emotions are going up (next one is published, yay!) and down (5 minutes later) and up again like Tesla stock! :)

But seriously: good writing!

Spot on, Ugliest1...Newscutter's starts and stops over the past year have resulted in a wait time that is nearly on par with the very early adopters, and it certainly has brought me back down memory lane! By now I am almost as excited to see his Grey baby as he is!