Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Place your bets - longish trip in SR+ tonight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The winner/s who guess the % correctly will get a 'Like' from me in this Thread :D

I'm just about to travel from Derby to the SuC near Portishead (near Bristol) in 1 hit and minimal stops.

The competition is - What will my battery level be when I arrive at the 'End' location address below

You can take all the fun out of this by using apps such as EV trip optimiser for Tesla. Pretty accurate.
Ian

I was surprised that I got there with more battery than I did, ABRP told me 15% with all my variables and the Tesla car map said 17%. I also drive normally, even with a few sprints off the line at traffic lights as you do!
What inputs did you use? I plugged in Standard Range Plus RWD (alpha), 7C, 90kg, depart with 100%.
ABRP was predicting 270 Wh/mi and arriving with 28% so I knocked a few % off for the wind/rain and came up with a prediction of 25%.

Generally I find the Nav is more pessimistic for my MS so I was surprised you were getting 17% from the Nav but only 15% from ABRP. The Nav seems to vary over the seasons so I think it takes temperature into account but ABRP does a better job - ABRP is based on real-world journeys & doing a great job of modelling energy consumption/range (and Supercharging times) on that basis. The only thing I'm suspicious of is traffic data, I'm not sure if ABRP takes it into account and if it does it presumably uses live data which isn't much use if planning a future journey.