Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Places to eat around Mountain View or Fremont

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fiesta Del Mar just moved down to Castro.

"Fiesta Del Mar Too" has been a fixture in downtown Mountain View just off Castro for many years. "Fiesta Del Mar" on Shoreline has been on the brink of being closed for years by new development and I guess it finally happened. Today was their last day. So I guess downtown Mountain View will have two Fiesta Del Mars. The "Too" location on Villa and the new location in Oct. on 198 Castro.

Mountain View's Fiesta del Mar to close | Peninsula Foodist | Elena Kadvany | Mountain View Online |

arnold

We were thinking about driving down to Mountain View and plug in early to miss some commute traffic then hanging out. Wondering if the traffic on 237 going to Fremont will be busy. If someone has time and wants to hang out have a snack and meet somewhere we would be up for that.
237 Eastbound and 880N in the evening during the week are the "commute directions" so there will be traffic. You'll have HOV access which will help but I would plan on 1 hour to go from the Mtn View SC to the event.

237 Eastbound and 880N in the evening during the week are the "commute directions" so there will be traffic. You'll have HOV access which will help but I would plan on 1 hour to go from the Mtn View SC to the event.

That's part of my commute on days I hit the Bay Area and I usually hit the Fremont SC on the way home - the 880N HOV lane in that neck of the woods is useless. Getting to the official parking at the "D" event was a zoo, so assuming similar volume of traffic, give yourself lots of time for this.

That's part of my commute on days I hit the Bay Area and I usually hit the Fremont SC on the way home - the 880N HOV lane in that neck of the woods is useless. Getting to the official parking at the "D" event was a zoo, so assuming similar volume of traffic, give yourself lots of time for this.
Do you think if I get on the road from Mountain View by 330 toward Fremont it would help

Do you think if I get on the road from Mountain View by 330 toward Fremont it would help

Is anyone putting together a place to meet up for dinner (around 5pm) before the event. Jim, Dave T and I are trying to figure out where there might be a friendly pre event meet up much like we did before the 'D event'. Thanks Al

Is anyone putting together a place to meet up for dinner (around 5pm) before the event. Jim, Dave T and I are trying to figure out where there might be a friendly pre event meet up much like we did before the 'D event'. Thanks Al

I'm thinking a table for 8-10 at Darda Seafood, a halal Chinese place less than 5 miles from the site.

I can preorder and have food on the table at 5. Plenty of time to eat and get to the event with time to spare.

PM me if interested.

Last edited:
Google maps is your friend. You can plot a route from your favorite restaurant to the event and tell it you want to arrive by Tuesday at some specific time and it will tell you the best route at that time given its long history of measuring traffic along the routes. It also gives you a range of expected travel times based on the variation in historic traffic densities.

Just below the "from, to" entries is a little dropdown box that typically has "Leave now" in it. You can click on it and choose between "Leave now", "Arrive by" and "Depart at" and choose a time and day for the latter two.

I'm thinking a table for 8-10 at Darda Seafood, a halal Chinese place less than 5 miles from the site.

I can preorder and have food on the table at 5. Plenty of time to eat and get to the event with time to spare.

PM me if interested.

Members had PM'd me that the restaurant is closed. It's open. It's smaller, sister restaurant has shut it's doors.

Here's the Place: Darda Seafood Restaurant - 535 Photos - Chinese - Milpitas, CA - Reviews - Menu - Yelp
296 Barber Ct
Milpitas, CA 95035

Plan is to have a round table for 8-10 (more if we get interest) with food on the table at 5pm. Will finish and include travel time to arrive at the party around 6:30.

Last edited:
I suppose I could look each one up, but does anyone know generally how late restaurants are open? My wife and I don't usually eat early. Plus, it's kinda nice to debrief and decompress after a big event like that. At the Hawthorne event, it went so late that by 10:00 or 11:00 when we left, we struggled to find an open restaurant on a weeknight. Is it the same kind of environment there? I don't think any places close before midnight around me. We are without a vehicle so will be relying on local cab.

gosh, generally 9 or 10??? don't know as I'm not a night owl by any means.

Your going to have a tough time particularly in Fremont.

I suppose I could look each one up, but does anyone know generally how late restaurants are open? My wife and I don't usually eat early. Plus, it's kinda nice to debrief and decompress after a big event like that. At the Hawthorne event, it went so late that by 10:00 or 11:00 when we left, we struggled to find an open restaurant on a weeknight. Is it the same kind of environment there? I don't think any places close before midnight around me. We are without a vehicle so will be relying on local cab.

Members had PM'd me that the restaurant is closed. It's open. It's smaller, sister restaurant has shut it's doors.

Here's the Place: Darda Seafood Restaurant - 535 Photos - Chinese - Milpitas, CA - Reviews - Menu - Yelp
296 Barber Ct
Milpitas, CA 95035

Plan is to have a round table for 8-10 (more if we get interest) with food on the table at 5pm. Will finish and include travel time to arrive at the party around 6:30.

To completely avoid the 237/I-880 commute traffic, from Darda Seafood Restaurant, exit the parking lot on to Bellew Dr. Make a right turn on McCarthy Ranch Rd which changes name to North McCarthy Ranch Rd after you pass over SR 237. Continue north past the McCarthy Ranch Marketplace on your right, then it becomes a high speed (using my radar detector :wink:) 4-lane frontage road with a median strip directly west of I-880. When you get to brand new huge warehouses (I-880 Crossroads), make a right turn on Dixon Landing Road. Cross over I-880 and make the first left on Milmont Dr. Take it to the first traffic light and make a left turn on to Kato Road. You'll pass by Page Avenue on your right (901 is behind another building). Make the second right on A Street following Tesla's signs/people directing us where to park.

Here's the Google map of this route set to arrive at 6:30 pm on Tuesday showing expected I-880 traffic:

https://goo.gl/maps/q8Koi7UfvyP2

Google Earth version:

https://goo.gl/maps/N2D6JCcJ15T2

Kato Road is only 2 lanes. I expect that traffic will get backed-up trying to park for the event so I plan to arrive early.

Russ

Kato Road is only 2 lanes. I expect that traffic will get backed-up trying to park for the event so I plan to arrive early.

Thanks for the tip about Kato Road.

Sounds like we should try to arrive as early as possible. Let's change the dinner plan to tailgating.

I've notified the people that PM'd me that we'll find a parking lot near the site and have some food and drink before the event with plenty of time to get in early.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip about Kato Road.

Sounds like we should try to arrive as early as possible. Let's change the dinner plan to tailgating.

I've notified the people that PM'd me that we'll find a parking lot near the site and have some food and drink before the event with plenty of time to get in early.

I'd like to join the tailgate. I'll have a "special guest" with me. I'll send you a PM.

GasDoc, not sure if you saw the IM I sent yesterday. Not sure if my friend and I will be able to join you all.

Our flight out of NJ is delayed 3 hours, and we switched flights and now are scheduled to arrive in SFO (from Phoenix) around 4pm. So we might not get to the Fremont area till around 6pm'ish.

I'm on the 8:15a out of IAD. We taxi'd out and then parked. Water coming out of the front of the plane. Pilot calls maintenance. They said bring 'er back in. I booked the 9:08 and the 10 while taxiing back. We got to the gate, they wouldn't let us off. But - amazingly - they fixed the issue in under 10 minutes, and we should be back on our way shortly. So I'll arrive about 45 minutes late. Definitely better than your 3 hours.

So .. that's two. Who is going to be on the third flight to be delayed? Because everything happens in 3s. Oh, wait .. the X was delayed. So that's 3 :)

That area is light industrial, so not much will be open late, you either need to head north or south - where are you staying that evening?