Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid+ $2500 Order fee in Canada non-refundable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reserved a Plaid (+) in September 2020 on battery day. At the time, in Canada, reservations (Order payments) were $2500 (now $100 and non refundable).

The agreement says the Order payment is fully refundable prior to delivery.

But when I go to the “Cancel your order page”, it says $2500 Order payment is non refundable, and I will receive $0 if I submit the request. This is discordant with the agreement.

I made the order online so have no SA regarding this order to contact.

Today I received an email from Tesla that they changed my original plaid+ order to plaid at the price before the increase.

The email contains a new contract, that is different. The contract now states that the $2500 order payment is non-refundable.

So essentially they cancelled the car I committed to with regards to battery and range, and then they changed my order to something else, and changed the $2500 deposit from refundable to non refundable with no communication.

I actually put in an order for the regular plaid last week for $100 (the change in Canada for $2500 refundable deposits to $100 non refundable changed last march), to get in before the a price change as it occurred in Canada about a week after the change in the US.

But I am still on the fence about the regular plaid and was thinking of just staying with my M3 performance until there is a possible new battery/range upgrade later.

I will talk with my local dealer, but cancelling the car I wanted and changing the deposit of $2500 from refundable to non refundable just doesn’t sit well.

Today I received an email from Tesla that they changed my original plaid+ order to plaid at the price before the increase.

The email contains a new contract, that is different. The contract now states that the $2500 order payment is non-refundable.

So essentially they cancelled the car I committed to with regards to battery and range, and then they changed my order to something else, and changed the $2500 deposit from refundable to non refundable with no communication.

I actually put in an order for the regular plaid last week for $100 (the change in Canada for $2500 refundable deposits to $100 non refundable changed last march), to get in before the a price change as it occurred in Canada about a week after the change in the US.

But I am still on the fence about the regular plaid and was thinking of just staying with my M3 performance until there is a possible new battery/range upgrade later.

I will talk with my local dealer, but cancelling the car I wanted and changing the deposit of $2500 from refundable to non refundable just doesn’t sit well.
Same thing happened to me. I’m freaking out

I am very unhappy with Tesla. I had a RESERVATION in for the Plaid + with 520 miles of range, and put down a $1,000 REFUNDABLE deposit on Battery Day, and just received an email that the order was changed to the regular Plaid and that my REFUNDABLE deposit is now a non-refundable order fee. The car I ordered was cancelled so that means my reservation should be cancelled. I already have the regular Plaid on order. I’m extremely upset and am losing sleep over this.

Reactions: Tigers
I am very unhappy with Tesla. I had a RESERVATION in for the Plaid + with 520 miles of range, and put down a $1,000 REFUNDABLE deposit on Battery Day, and just received an email that the order was changed to the regular Plaid and that my REFUNDABLE deposit is now a non-refundable order fee. The car I ordered was cancelled so that means my reservation should be cancelled. I already have the regular Plaid on order. I’m extremely upset and am losing sleep over this.
Just because they tell you it’s non refundable doesn’t mean it’s the case legally.

phone up, tell them the situation and demand a refund. This is from a legality perspective a bait and and switch. I’m guessing it’s just an automated system sending the notifications.
If they ever did play hardball, I doubt you would have many issues legally.

Reactions: anthonyj and ATPMSD