Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid brake calipers on MYP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I’m considering BBK kit for my plaid. I also have a MYP with full all suspension parts from MPP. Love my MYP, but it need an brake upgrade for trackdays.

So if I can make use of my plaid calipers if I go for an BBK, why not…Anyone looked into making a bracket for using the OEM plaid calipers on Y/3 with 380 or bigger rotors?

The problem is that nothing would fit. The 3/Y and S/X calipers mount to the knuckle entirely differently. In addition, the rotors are a different bolt pattern. So, at the point where you need an adapter for the calipers and different rotors you're not going to save any money over just getting an already existing BBK.

There's a few options, including the one posted above. MPP also sells a 368mm or 380mm BBK, FWIW.

The problem is that nothing would fit. The 3/Y and S/X calipers mount to the knuckle entirely differently. In addition, the rotors are a different bolt pattern. So, at the point where you need an adapter for the calipers and different rotors you're not going to save any money over just getting an already existing BBK.

There's a few options, including the one posted above. MPP also sells a 368mm or 380mm BBK, FWIW.
I’m aware that they mount differently, the same type of bracket is needed with the stoptech from MPP(thats why I mention the bracket).

For my case it would be «half price» for a set of new rotors and bracket VS buying two kits(one for my Plaid and one for my MYP).