Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid center console light turns off when fully opened?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You cannot get it at 6'5?! Man, my scrawny self at 6'4 was able to push it down starting at the headrest.
Don't get me wrong, I can, but I have to lean against the bumper which this time of year is filthy! That the flagship Tesla that came out after the Model Y does not have automatic folding rear seats via the trunk buttons is... ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong, I can, but I have to lean against the bumper which this time of year is filthy! That the flagship Tesla that came out after the Model Y does not have automatic folding rear seats via the trunk buttons is... ridiculous.
I'd take the weight savings and stick with manual folding seats. Also, fewer things to break.... I fold my seats down really rarely.

• Funny
Reactions: impastu and cwanja
Definitely do not disagree with that latter statement. Wonder if that will be retrofitted if Tesla ever updates it.

Reactions: WilliamG
Motorized release, but it just unlatches and that’s it. As far as I’m concerned they may as well not have bothered making it an electronic release in the first place.
Yeah, the button seems kind of silly, since the regular release button is a few feet away.

Also, I find it funny that the only 5 real buttons in the car are in the trunk.

• Funny
Reactions: impastu and cwanja
Feature is coming in a software update ;)
You are referring to the same software update that has the following right?
- move the homelink icon location
- move the blind spot video location
- customizable instrument cluster with added functionality on left/right of right scroll wheel
- enable the ability to add key “controls” onto the dock (Eg unfold mirrors)
- add birds eye view camera setting
- change the on/off setting on the center console light
- fix SiriusXM channel display
- enable Bluetooth audio in the rear with games enabled

You are referring to the same software update that has the following right?
- move the homelink icon location
- move the blind spot video location
- customizable instrument cluster with added functionality on left/right of right scroll wheel
- enable the ability to add key “controls” onto the dock (Eg unfold mirrors)
- add birds eye view camera setting
- change the on/off setting on the center console light
- fix SiriusXM channel display
- enable Bluetooth audio in the rear with games enabled
Oh you got the software roadmap too!

Motorized release, but it just unlatches and that’s it. As far as I’m concerned they may as well not have bothered making it an electronic release in the first place.
My theory is that they were supposed to be motorized and they weren't able to get the motors due to supply chain issues, so they decided to just leave them out - same as the tilting center display.

Reactions: Cyb_
My theory is that they were supposed to be motorized and they weren't able to get the motors due to supply chain issues, so they decided to just leave them out - same as the tilting center display.

The Y's automatic folding seats just use a spring release (I think), which is how they flip forward when those trunk buttons are pulled. Not sure there's a motor involved at all. @jebinc

Reactions: impastu