Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Sport Bucket Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean or when the yoke peels, which it inevitably will before warranty is up, then have service replace it with the updated yoke with a regular horn for free if it bothers you so much

That's clearly an option, but I did mention "round" meaning that I don't care for the yoke to be changing it out immediately anyway. This is assuming that the used comes with a yoke, but a >'24 will still have the issue of the horn button so switching it is the only option from the start.

you didn't take the massive off the low depreciation him.

If only that were true.

Jan 2023 - purchase used 2021 Model S. Took even more deprecation hit than new cars did. Worth less than half that now.

New only for me from now on. No sense dealing with used issues, growing pain issues and taking such a depreciation hit in the process.

IMG_5285.jpeg

Reactions: Elektrick
If only that were true.

Jan 2023 - purchase used 2021 Model S. Took even more deprecation hit than new cars did. Worth less than half that now.

New only for me from now on. No sense dealing with used issues, growing pain issues and taking such a depreciation hit in the process.

View attachment 1039789
This type of depreciation was unique to Elon dropping prices. Be serious man we all know the reason Tesla values dropped and they weren't due to natural depreciation lol it is always true in every instance with buying new. The people buying new take the biggest hit in every car purchase that's not an exotic.

Absolutely it's going to keep going just like the X's just be patient man

For sure. My question was rhetorical, was just thinking out loud and I agree with you. It's just crazy to think that a Plaid in general S/X, a 9 second car will be cheaper than a new M3L perhaps.

I'm thinking of waiting until Q4 to see how this year plays out. Supposedly in the used auto market in general, we'll start to see some craziness come July as the market is hurting bad with too much inventory + ridiculous interest rates (for most that finance, I'll be paying cash) + overall factors in the current state in the economy.

In the new auto market, we're seeing some of the highest incentives offered buy auto makers and it looks like the incentives will still continue to get sweeter for the buyer this year. The smart move would be to wait until the end of Q4 whether I buy used for some reason or to order a new one.

It's nice to bounce ideas and to talk about this. Appreciate the input from everyone.

This type of depreciation was unique to Elon dropping prices. Be serious man we all know the reason Tesla values dropped and they weren't due to natural depreciation lol it is always true in every instance with buying new. The people buying new take the biggest hit in every car purchase that's not an exotic.

I'm having a discussion about this very thing with a friend (Tesla owner) as we speak. That rug pull was terrible for the recent Tesla buyers at the time. It really was a perfect storm of events, but regardless of any justification (tesla fan boys who can't see past TSLA, not you btw), the fact remains that a lot of owners were SOL and slapped in the face in the upmost disrespectful way. (Holding the bag) That's just the truth.

The YoY depreciation on paper and reality is insane, so yes to your point there is a very real depreciation hit with Teslas and I do agree that it's only going to get worse. Ex. Even with the volume sellers, 3/Y, a used '22 M3P can be had for in the mid 30s. (Peak being ~$63K) Just insane.

On a side note, just look at how Tesla just dumped their employees who showed up to work only to find their key cards deactivated with very little warning. It's Tesla's way, they don't care and at the end of the day, in the name of efficiency. Can't blame them to some degree, but the true colors have been shown.

But of course, such acts like this when orchestrated just right, which Tesla is masterful at doing, creates a Stockholm syndrome that will keep people coming for more.

This is one reason why buying used is on the table for me, it's just the timing of everything right now as I have a buyer for my M3P + the Plaid not having the front bumper camera or LED, assuming that I would buy new due to keeping the car for the long haul for what it's worth.

Juggling with some First World Problems right now.

I can’t wait to see the actual prices. I took my plaid to an auto upholstery shop and got a quote of about 10k to reupholster the front seats in black alcantara, and adding bigger bolsters. So 3,500 per front seat would be a steal. Especially if I could keep the old seats to sell, have spare parts, make into a gaming chair, whatever.

Reactions: Jayskywalker21
I can’t wait to see the actual prices. I took my plaid to an auto upholstery shop and got a quote of about 10k to reupholster the front seats in black alcantara, and adding bigger bolsters. So 3,500 per front seat would be a steal. Especially if I could keep the old seats to sell, have spare parts, make into a gaming chair, whatever.
honestly unless you get pleasure out of this, at what point do you just trade the car in for a new one, vs 10k+ and hours of time for just the seats?
Retrofitting always seems like a great option until you actually price it out and get into the work. Especially when it isn’t supported by the OEM (TBD).

Reactions: cptnslo
Does anyone have these seats yet or are they in demo vehicles?

I couldn’t buy the plaid with the other seats because the seats will not go low enough since they sit on risers and I’m 6 foot 2. It makes the seating position awful to stare at the top of the windshield / pillar.

Hoping these seats are capable of going noticeably lower / not on risers.

honestly unless you get pleasure out of this, at what point do you just trade the car in for a new one, vs 10k+ and hours of time for just the seats?
Retrofitting always seems like a great option until you actually price it out and get into the work. Especially when it isn’t supported by the OEM (TBD).
I mean the resale values of these cars suck. Most of us would lose a lot more than $10k.

Track Pack brakes and these new seats are a must. I'll be the first to order to complete my '23.

Must have to get to that finishing touch of Sonny. ;)

I'll do the same if I end up going the used route. I have a strong feeling that the incentives will sweeten even more this year as we just saw a 2K price drop on the S Plaid, now at $87,990.

FDS is now at $8K.

Feels like Telsa is desperate to cash in on what they can right now. Great for us.....

• Funny
Reactions: bkcyk
Must have to get to that finishing touch of Sonny. ;)

I'll do the same if I end up going the used route. I have a strong feeling that the incentives will sweeten even more this year as we just saw a 2K price drop on the S Plaid, now at $87,990.

FDS is now at $8K.

Feels like Telsa is desperate to cash in on what they can right now. Great for us.....
FSD should be like 3k lowkey