Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid suspension warranty issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning,

I purchased a new 2022 Plaid and just broke 10k miles. Have had two front drive units replaced, steering wheel internal mechanism replaced (somehow broke) and two alignments done. I now have constant squeaking from the front driver side suspension at low speeds. I made a service request and they are charging $152 to diagnose. Has anyone experienced this issue and is there a reason warranty isn’t covering this? I asked Tesla and still waiting on a response.

Probably to stop ppl from scheduling service for silly things and waste their time
Makes sense to me

This would be acceptable if 75% of the cars weren’t rattling within months of delivery. The build quality sucks, we all know it. Instead of creating a janky service policy to discourage customers from getting their broken product fixed, perhaps they could improve their build quality and stop the rattles?

It’s like when they started BS’ng customers about panel gap.
“i can stick my entire finger in the gap”
“let me see. Oh actually, it’s in spec”
“can you stick your whole finger in there?”
“yes”
“do you consider that acceptable, honestly?”
“no, but it’s within spec so you have to pay if you want it fixed”

Welcome to Tesla Service.

As initial buyers slow and second-EV purchasers consider other brands, Tesla is going to be forced to change their tune on this stuff.

My 21 Plaid has rattled since 90 days in.
They “fixed” it twice.
Last time they said it was some under tray “with debris in it” which was total bullshit. Noise never went away.
3 years later I just deal with the rattles bc the rest of the car is great.

Teslas *sugar* build quality is disappointing, but the way they are instructed to run their service centers by HQ is the real disappointment.

3 years later I just deal with the rattles bc the rest of the car is great.
so tesla still wins n they know that ;)

yes i agree with u, its unacceptable for such expensive car to have rattles
but u have to understand its not every single car, plenty of happy car owners
i have 2016 X and S with no rattles n high mileage
i also had a bmw with rattles so its just bad luck sometimes..

like u said, when sales decline n competition ramps up they'll have to do better

Reactions: Yelobird
Did this happen to you? Please cite one example of this actually happening.

I love the question bc it’s a good one. So many ppl fabricate these things without actual experience, you’re right.

In my case:

- I have reported a rattle, had 0 cost, and had it “fixed” (it wasnt, but that’s not the point of this particular offshoot of the thread)
- I have reported a rattle, had them add the charge to the estimate, “fix” it, and got a $0 bill - as designed
- I have reported a rattle, had them add the charge to the estimate, “fix” it, and got a bill for the repair under warranty - which I did not pay and they wiped clean after raising the issue. They did try to charge me even after raising, I told them the tech & SA explicitly said no charge under warranty and to waive the disagnostic fee bc the rattle was legit - they apologized and zeroed out

So yes, over years of Tesla ownership I’ve experienced all of the above and can tell you that from first hand experience not internet lore. Good q 👍

Reactions: ucmndd
When I bought my 2019 and I drove it off the lot, I noticed immediately that it had a blown rear damper. I took the wheel off and saw it was leaking fluid from the top, so I made an appointment. I had the usual diagnosis fee, and they then replaced it without a further estimate. When the car was ready, I got a bill for $1800 that I then contested. They quickly buckled and I ultimately paid nothing, but that never should have happened in the first place.

IMG_2228.png