Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid track mode imminent.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I assume the reading is not accurate when you start adding different wheels with more air flow, ducting or rotors with a higher thermal capacity.

So it will be inaccurate with upgraded rotors, telling you are overheating when you are not?

That's correct, it is the same with the Model 3. Just ignore the warnings if you have upgraded brakes!

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
That would absolutely only happen (if ever) outside of Track Mode. Like a winter-driving mode that maintains many of the traction systems but switches the car up to a more FWD-bias for inclement conditions.
Depends what you are looking for in "Snow" mode. Having now been 4 weeks straight in snow packed roads, this car has the most intrusive stability control of any car I have ever had. I thought the M3P was bad, but this is horrendous. It cranks on the brakes even at painfully slow speeds around corners.

In the M3P in Track mode, the "winter" option turned it into a decently good winter car as it would rotate a tiny bit. I can hardly wait for my car to get the update so I can place it in "winter" track mode constantly until the roads clear up.

Reactions: tm1v2 and jebinc
Depends what you are looking for in "Snow" mode. Having now been 4 weeks straight in snow packed roads, this car has the most intrusive stability control of any car I have ever had. I thought the M3P was bad, but this is horrendous. It cranks on the brakes even at painfully slow speeds around corners.

In the M3P in Track mode, the "winter" option turned it into a decently good winter car as it would rotate a tiny bit. I can hardly wait for my car to get the update so I can place it in "winter" track mode constantly until the roads clear up.
Oh I’ve no doubt that Tesla is intrusive, but I think they can also provide an even better mode for snow.

Anybody try running the draggy in any of the track settings? I'm surprised how fast the car still feels in drift mode, I figured with it set to 100% rear power it would feel slow with out the front motor working, the car still feels just as fast lol. I got a feeling the front is not totally off. I even set the car up once with 100% to the front wheels and it still pulled very hard.

I’m cooler now. I got the track mode and them.
6FB88D35-DE27-47CA-AD51-6BD63A1E3791.jpeg
E8C726CB-EF95-4824-BD7D-874437ABAF8E.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2