Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn’t receive it, and won’t for a long time - as I’m on the junky FSD beta branch 2023.27. We are six months behind everyone else…. And no way to get out of beta, once you are in - if you paid for (sh) it up front. At least month “subscriptors” can and then get the current .44 production release.
That’s awful. You’ve effectively got an inferior version of the car now after having shelled out even more cash.

Reactions: WilliamG and jebinc
Didn’t receive it, and won’t for a long time - as I’m on the junky FSD beta branch 2023.27. We are six months behind everyone else…. And no way to get out of beta, once you are in - if you paid for (sh) it up front. At least month “subscriptors” can and then get the current .44 production release.
You can’t get the latest non FSD beta software? I thought you can just update to the most current software and still have FSD (not beta). I mean, if you don’t care for FSD beta, why not?

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
You can’t get the latest non FSD beta software? I thought you can just update to the most current software and still have FSD (not beta). I mean, if you don’t care for FSD beta, why not?
That was my impression too, but it's apparently a whole mess in that you have to contact Tesla to opt out, and that email address is unmonitored these days. You can turn off the function in the interface, but you'll be stuck on the FSD branch regardless.

People on the subscription plan and trial would probably be okay (though personally I don't want to risk it so I don't plan on using the beta while I have the 3 month trial).

No method to remove works. Tesla no longer monitors the email accounts - and the SC can’t remove the junk, either. Why do I want it removed? It’s junk and always six months behind the main production firmware branch. A double negative, so to say.

Last edited:
Reactions: WilliamG
No method to remove works. Tesla no longer monitors the email accounts - and the SC can’t remove the junk, either. Why do In want it removed? It’s junk and always six months behind the main production firmware branch. A double negative, so to say.
Yep, it's a joke. Completely shafted by Tesla. For those who don't know, there are essentially three branches of software that Tesla deploys:

1.) Mainstream software, that 99% receive, and is, of course, the latest available. This is what you would be on if you bought a car, and didn't buy FSD. Your average Joe. This is, as of this post, a 2023.44 release.
2.) Mainstream FSD + Mainstream software merge. This FSD is either the subscription or full payment, and is generally about as up to date as the regular mainstream branch. This is the optimum place to be if you have FSD but you also want to stay current on the mainstream software. 0.9% of people receive that (assuming a 0.9% take rate by the Tesla-buying populace). This is, as of this post, also a 2023.44 release.
3.) Early access FSD + Mainstream software merge. This branch of software goes to those who bought FSD relatively early on in its selling life. This includes me, @jebinc etc, and is based on a slightly newer version of FSD than the Mainstream FSD + mainstream software merge. The mainstream software in these builds is usually many, many months behind. At one point this year, this group of people was half a year behind the other groups. So, given the glacial pace of FSD evolution (at least, at the current minute), being in early access hasn't proven to be beneficial at all. This is, as of this post, a 2023.27 release, or 17 weeks behind the other two groups on 2023.44. Over four months.

Aaaand so, in relation to this particular thread, those of us who supported FSD early on by handing over cash for... well, nothing really, can't get the vibration fix until who knows when. Yes, that means we paid early, and ended up with an inferior product, and that's just the facts. Given the 6 month gap earlier this year between group 3 and groups 1 and 2, and now the 4 month gap between group 3 and groups 1 and 2, it may well be a while before group 3 gets to or beyond the 2023.44 and vibration "resolution." Now, it's possibly the holiday update that's looming may be a merged branch for everyone, but... we'll see. With Tesla, you never really know.

Yep, it's a joke. Completely shafted by Tesla. For those who don't know, there are essentially three branches of software that Tesla deploys:

1.) Mainstream software, that 99% receive, and is, of course, the latest available. This is what you would be on if you bought a car, and didn't buy FSD. Your average Joe. This is, as of this post, a 2023.44 release.
2.) Mainstream FSD + Mainstream software merge. This FSD is either the subscription or full payment, and is generally about as up to date as the regular mainstream branch. This is the optimum place to be if you have FSD but you also want to stay current on the mainstream software. 0.9% of people receive that (assuming a 0.9% take rate by the Tesla-buying populace). This is, as of this post, also a 2023.44 release.
3.) Early access FSD + Mainstream software merge. This branch of software goes to those who bought FSD relatively early on in its selling life. This includes me, @jebinc etc, and is based on a slightly newer version of FSD than the Mainstream FSD + mainstream software merge. The mainstream software in these builds is usually many, many months behind. At one point this year, this group of people was half a year behind the other groups. So, given the glacial pace of FSD evolution (at least, at the current minute), being in early access hasn't proven to be beneficial at all. This is, as of this post, a 2023.27 release, or 17 weeks behind the other two groups on 2023.44. Over four months.

Aaaand so, in relation to this particular thread, those of us who supported FSD early on by handing over cash for... well, nothing really, can't get the vibration fix until who knows when. Yes, that means we paid early, and ended up with an inferior product, and that's just the facts. Given the 6 month gap earlier this year between group 3 and groups 1 and 2, and now the 4 month gap between group 3 and groups 1 and 2, it may well be a while before group 3 gets to or beyond the 2023.44 and vibration "resolution." Now, it's possibly the holiday update that's looming may be a merged branch for everyone, but... we'll see. With Tesla, you never really know.
Re #3.... While over four months behind #1 and #2, it will likely be much longer for #3, as Tesla's latest release of EAP beta (aka "junk") is just now rolling out, and it is still on the 2023.27 branch (and not a #1 or #2 branch).

I‘m on 2023.32.9 Beta early Beta adopter. Yes behind but it was after all my decision to opt into Beta.