Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PlastiDip on my wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks awesome!! Thanks for the video. Do you think if you let it cure long enough you could have gotten the junk mail out with no damage to the plastidip? Did you consider taking the tires off the car instead and if so, what made you decide to just leave them on the car?

Yeah--I think if I let the car sit there for a while, the junk mail would have easily come out with no threat to the paint. However, hindsight is 20-20, and I parked my car with half of it inside my garage, and the other half outside (to better ventilate and let light come in, while still having shade). I should have done it later in the day, completely outside. Then I could have left the car out there and not worried about needing to move the car.

As for taking the wheels off--I know several folks have done that, but I've seen a bunch of videos where they just do it mounted on the car. So long as you're not heavy with the sprays, you don't have to worry about drippy spray. Honestly, I also didn't want to worry about doing a poor job remounting the wheels.

In all, if I prepped appropriately and knew everything I know now about the job, I could be done with all wheels inside of two hours, including prep.

• Informative
Reactions: namluu
Just dipped mine. Took the wheels off, did them then mounted carefully. Sprayed the stock lug nut covers seperatley as well. Came out really well.

IMG_8371.JPG
IMG_8372.JPG

Well, shortly after doing this video, I was rear-ended. So my car sat in a repair location, outside, in a very dusty environment in the sun. I just got the car back last week and it still looks good--of course, the car was detailed before I got the car back.

Very sorry to hear this. Hope everyone was alright. I picked mine up yesterday and obtained some serious insurance, hope I never have to use it.