Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Playing own music in 2024 Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not the only recourse. As others have said, you have the option of partitioning a single device into two virtual drives, one for video and one for audio.
You will be stuck if you need a data port for game hardware or something else. Better use the USB Hub as you will get plenty of free ports and you dont need to keep disconnecting the HD every time you want to plug in something else. I leave the Tesla Cam USB stick alone and plug in the music USB into another port on the hub and I still have 2 more free ports available just in case I need it.

You will be stuck if you need a data port for game hardware or something else. Better use the USB Hub as you will get plenty of free ports and you dont need to keep disconnecting the HD every time you want to plug in something else. I leave the Tesla Cam USB stick alone and plug in the music USB into another port on the hub and I still have 2 more free ports available just in case I need it.
That's fine, but it's not the "only recourse." It's best to present people with all their options, along with a suggestion if necessary, but not box them into a single corner which ultimately may *not* be the best option for them.