Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 8th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Please Help ID this filter and its normal location

SageBrush

REJECT Fascism
May 7, 2015
New Mexico
I knocked this piece off while cleaning the car. I think it came from the area of the driver footwell but I cannot be sure.
Click on the thumbnail for an expanded view.

Thanks!

Small_tesla_filter.jpg photo.2.jpg

Last edited:

Phlier

Bluebird
Jun 12, 2019
Utah
Well, I'm at a loss. My 2019 Model 3 just doesn't have any place in either the driver or passenger side footwells for such a filter to be located, unless it's behind the plate in the photo above. Looks to me that that's a filter they decided they didn't need and possibly deleted in the 2019 and subsequent years? Maybe?

There just isn't anywhere for that thing to go in my car. :(

Edit: Maybe someone with access to the Model 3 parts catalog can do a search for the word "filter" and let us know what they come up with?

Reactions: SageBrush

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC