Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plug-in car Grant now £3000 (was £3500) for cars under £50k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What has market crash or interest rate reduction got to do with anything if you’re paying cash? o_O
It has to do with the fact that if your main source of income is fixed interest on investments and worth is based on stock market equities, then the last week or so will mean that you’re much worse off. This makes me question as to whether the purchase of a £53k vehicle is really the right thing to do at this time.

Reactions: x-rm and Durzel
I will be on the phone to Tesla first thing to check if my M3P has been registered on the OLEV Portal. I finally managed to get the bloody thing over the line and ordered yesterday, completed all relevant info today including approval from Black Horse but I just have a feeling that it won't go my way.

*bows down and prays

Not good news. Just spoken to a really helpful man named Jack who confirmed that there should be a note on the system against my car saying grant applied for (if it had been). There is nothing against my account and he said that there has been no official guidance from Tesla HQ around what's going to happen ref pricing.

Gutted - I hope that the 9 month grace period for orders placed before 11:59pm yesterday is legit, otherwise, I think I'm going to have to cancel.

When did you order @stonecoldrmw ? Direct via Tesla? Cash/PCP?

If you have completed documents a reasonable amount of time ago I would assume that Tesla applied for the PICG shortly afterwards. If it's any consolation I wasn't told anything about any kind of note being on my account, and I've received my final invoice today (after the deadline) with the £3,500 grant applied.

I note that Tesla have removed reference to the PICG in some places, but not all, on the ordering page. Prices are unchanged.

It's still shown in several other places though - like here, so perhaps they're in the process of updating the website.

N
Gutted - I hope that the 9 month grace period for orders placed before 11:59pm yesterday is legit, otherwise, I think I'm going to have to cancel.

It is legit. From the gov.uk website: (my highlights)

PIVG User Guidance Manual said:
2.6 A grant is not guaranteed until the vehicle has been validated through the Portal. However, provided that the vehicle is registered within 9 months of the date the order is made, any claim placed on the system for a specific customer is guaranteed the grant at the level advertised at the time the claim is made. OLEV will use its discretion to consider whether grant levels may be guaranteed for vehicles registered beyond the reasonable timeframe.

When did you order @stonecoldrmw ? Direct via Tesla? Cash/PCP?

If you have completed documents a reasonable amount of time ago I would assume that Tesla applied for the PICG shortly afterwards. If it's any consolation I wasn't told anything about any kind of note being on my account, and I've received my final invoice today (after the deadline) with the £3,500 grant applied.

I ordered direct through Tesla on Tuesday @ 11am ish. Had immediate RN number and VIN (inventory car) Completed all docs yesterday, including applying and being approved for black horse finance for PCP.

I believe Canada (?) market have/had such a vehicle solely for getting below certain thresholds.
they did but the Canadian rule only said that you had to have a model in the range below a certain price point to qualify the whole range so they software restricted an SR to about 100 miles range and sold it really cheap saying there is no chance of a later unlock. i.e. they did not want anyone actually buying that model it was just to tick a box. So not quite the same

It is legit. From the gov.uk website: (my highlights)
yeah but that says "customer is guaranteed the grant at the level advertised at the time the claim is made."
claim date not order date so surely any claim made now would be subject to the new rules so that does not help anyone who's claim to PICG has not already been submitted surely. The 9 months is just the max period between submitting the claim and actually getting the car.

yeah but that says "customer is guaranteed the grant at the level advertised at the time the claim is made."
claim date not order date so surely any claim made now would be subject to the new rules so that does not help anyone who's claim to PICG has not already been submitted surely. The 9 months is just the max period between submitting the claim and actually getting the car.
This was my thinking.

Durely the claim is made when Tesla enter the VIN onto the PIVG portal. Hence just after you order the car.
I would believe the gov.uk PIVG User Guide Manual, rather than any self-protection disclaimer published by Tesla

Yes and at the same price as yesterday, still mentions the £3500 grant. Noticed the deposit is different now from when I ordered in February, now £100 non refundable, when I ordered it was £750 but I believe it was fully refundable if the order was cancelled for any reason.