Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plug-in car Grant now £3000 (was £3500) for cars under £50k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Durely the claim is made when Tesla enter the VIN onto the PIVG portal. Hence just after you order the car.
I would believe the gov.uk PIVG User Guide Manual, rather than any self-protection disclaimer published by Tesla
indeed but this thread within the thread goes back to stonecoldrmw post where he does not believe his order had been registered on the PICG portal based on what Tesla are telling him and was hoping the 9 month rule would "save" him and allow it still to be done retrospectively. If he is right and it has not been registered then I don't think that is the case. that is all I was saying

Reactions: stonecoldrmw
I can't see Tesla taking the hit on the £3,500 difference for new orders going forward... I suspect, as others have said, they will bring the LR version to tuck in just under the £50k threshold, but can see the P increasing by £3,500.

It will be interesting to see how they price the Y once they start to take orders for those in the UK...

Not good news. Just spoken to a really helpful man named Jack who confirmed that there should be a note on the system against my car saying grant applied for (if it had been). There is nothing against my account and he said that there has been no official guidance from Tesla HQ around what's going to happen ref pricing.

Gutted - I hope that the 9 month grace period for orders placed before 11:59pm yesterday is legit, otherwise, I think I'm going to have to cancel.

The plot thickens...

Just spoken to a really helpful dude on the phone at Tesla. I queried why my account hadn't updated when I've been approved for the finance. He quickly updated all elements on the account and when I refreshed I had a different screen with the 'next steps' and 'what to bring' etc. He also was quite positive about my car having been registered on the OLEV portal but couldn't say for definite???

I said I'm willing to bet that you've had a lot of calls about the grant removal and he said, 'in a word, yes'. Also said that Tesla are putting together a small team to deal with the fall out from the change in rules and that they're going to be getting in contact with anybody affected to advise on what they want to do next.

Lastly, mentioned my potential delivery dates as being 26/27th March, which ties in nicely with the Glovis Captain and then a week or so for collection. Either way, i still don't know if the car is gonna cost me an extra £3500 but it was an enjoyable phone call :D

Reactions: Roy W.
The plot thickens...

Just spoken to a really helpful dude on the phone at Tesla. I queried why my account hadn't updated when I've been approved for the finance. He quickly updated all elements on the account and when I refreshed I had a different screen with the 'next steps' and 'what to bring' etc. He also was quite positive about my car having been registered on the OLEV portal but couldn't say for definite???

I said I'm willing to bet that you've had a lot of calls about the grant removal and he said, 'in a word, yes'. Also said that Tesla are putting together a small team to deal with the fall out from the change in rules and that they're going to be getting in contact with anybody affected to advise on what they want to do next.

Lastly, mentioned my potential delivery dates as being 26/27th March, which ties in nicely with the Glovis Captain and then a week or so for collection. Either way, i still don't know if the car is gonna cost me an extra £3500 but it was an enjoyable phone call :D
Struggling to speak to anyone helpful there at the minute!

On the mobile version of the site - where does your VIN show? I have had a hidden VIN for ages and think I am on the GC but Tesla are still drawing up my contract’

finance approved. No part ex

If you’re using iPad/iPhone you can do this to see the source code using Safari on iOS. Works nicely here, it allows you to search the code for the VIN.

How to View Website Source Codes on iPad / iPhone [Quicktip] - Hongkiat

Re reading though, I’m now not sure that’s what you meant sorry! I have VIN and registration, but neither appear in my account page yet!