Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Is your Model S your daily driver?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cosmacelf

Supporting Member
Mar 6, 2013
San Diego
Many non-EV drivers believe that even Tesla Model S owners just use their car as a secondary vehicle - ie, it isn't their daily driver. But I have yet to see a poll about this question. So, IF you own a Model S, I would appreciate it if you could participate in this very quick poll.

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=52a20673e4b0ac93f6869c14

This poll was cross posted today to a thread on the Tesla Motors forum, so please only respond once.

"My other car is a Leaf", could be a bumper sticker on the S, LOL! we were actually doing 70% of our driving in the Leaf, with a family of 4, because we were so inspired by driving electric. the S has taken over for 90% of our driving. we are actually enjoying our Leaf more now that we aren't maxing it out and cutting it close all the time, that and no longer having to sit a quick chargers waiting for it to charge. The Leaf is on lease till 2015. I'm realizing that for the second car we could probably make do with the Fiat 500e... then again, an SUV EV with a trailer hitch for a tear drop camper would be more fun...

I will have all EVs once Tesla gets the Model E and Model T (pickup). But right now I have to deal with just one Model S and 3 ICE SUV and 3 ICE Pickup Trucks so hurry up Tesla so I can get rid of these and put up several charge spots instead lol

My girlfriend knows she has to buy her own Tesla :love: if she wants one.

The Model S is my daily driver. I still have a 10 year old ICE pickup, but I've probably put less than a hundred miles on it in 6 months since I've had the Model S.

I have a Ford F-150 4x4 and use it for dump runs and clean up of our property, put about 3000 miles a year on that and we also have an ML430 that sits in the garage on a battery tender. So we use the Model S as a primary, if Tesla would make a pick-up we would sell both cars and have that as a second. Would love to be all electric.

I have a Ford F-150 4x4 and use it for dump runs and clean up of our property, put about 3000 miles a year on that and we also have an ML430 that sits in the garage on a battery tender. So we use the Model S as a primary, if Tesla would make a pick-up we would sell both cars and have that as a second. Would love to be all electric.

We put the trailer hitch on our Model S (TorqCentral) and I have a lightweight aluminum trailer to use as my pickup when the occasion arises. That way I don't waste money having a truck sitting around when I don't need it. Takes like 5 minutes to hook the trailer up.

As to the original topic, we are selling our Prius. We never drive it. The Models S is our daily driver, our ONLY driver. Why punish yourself driving anything else?

As to the original topic, we are selling our Prius. We never drive it. The Models S is our daily driver, our ONLY driver. Why punish yourself driving anything else?

Denise drives the 2004 Prius now. (She flipped the 2001 Prius.) I would have gotten her a Leaf, but she can't live with the fifty mile range (after a year or in bad weather). The current plan is to replace the Prius with a Gen III.

I really expected a lot more out of BMW. I thought they'd be the ones to give Tesla some real competition.

I didn't expect anything else out of BMW (or any major ICE manufacturer) because from a traditional--revenue this quarter--standpoint it doesn't make any sense. Basically they are putting out a car to appease CARB and their customers who want electric, but they absolutely don't want to impact any of their traditional sales so they cripple the car.

I didn't expect anything else out of BMW (or any major ICE manufacturer) because from a traditional--revenue this quarter--standpoint it doesn't make any sense. Basically they are putting out a car to appease CARB and their customers who want electric, but they absolutely don't want to impact any of their traditional sales so they cripple the car.

It just seems odd to me that NOBODY is even trying to compete with Tesla. You have Tesla on one side with a 300 mile range and seats 5 and on the other side you have virtually everyone else (save the RAV 4 I suppose) with small economy type vehicles that are (let's face it) odd looking and with a tiny battery and no range. Does Tesla's waiting list and happy customers mean nothing to them? Are they that short sighted? I think at SOME point they are going to have to jump in or simply concede the full size EV Market to Tesla… I wonder what it's going to take? Are they waiting to see if Tesla will succeed before jumping in? :confused:

Does Tesla's waiting list and happy customers mean nothing to them? Are they that short sighted? I think at SOME point they are going to have to jump in or simply concede the full size EV Market to Tesla… I wonder what it's going to take? Are they waiting to see if Tesla will succeed before jumping in? :confused:

I've said this before (so those who've been around awhile can stop reading now :)

The same thing happened with radial tires. The North American tire manufacturers didn't want to believe that radial tires were superior and didn't want to spend the money to develop them, so they put out a bunch of FUD (some of which is still with us today) and created a bias-belted tire (the worst tire imaginable) which they thought would stop radial tire adoption. The result was that only one North American tire manufacturer survived (mostly because of their non-tire products). It appears the automobile manufacturers didn't learn anything from the tire manufacturers.