Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: Model 3 License Plate Ideas

Which license plate should I get for my Model 3? (PLEASE NO STEALING!)

• R3V

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • TSLA R3V

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 75 80.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For myself I'm actually going to get a plate that reads something along the lines of "P3T3R" (my name) Ideally I'd love to use the symbol for the model 3 tesla instead. .. Got 2 years to be creative. Any tips?

I think it will be fun to use the letter E and then apply white out to create the 3 bars we like.

Other option is using NikolaE or Nikola3 to make it truly geekish and more of an inside joke. Works in places like Alberta that allows 7 digits.

jsb

• Funny
Reactions: pmich80
I got these for my III. TSLADRM took 6 months
12049653_1121045501252237_2939463355356091801_n.jpg

Reactions: Transepoch
I think it will be fun to use the letter E and then apply white out to create the 3 bars we like.

Other option is using NikolaE or Nikola3 to make it truly geekish and more of an inside joke. Works in places like Alberta that allows 7 digits.

jsb
I actually was thinking to do that. I doubt the cops would find that funny. Definitely get a ticket for that. LOL I still might temp me to put a small piece of tape and create ≡ though

I actually was thinking to do that. I doubt the cops would find that funny. Definitely get a ticket for that. LOL I still might temp me to put a small piece of tape and create ≡ though

It would be a great experiment. Try it and see how long it takes before one gets a ticket. If it takes several months or years for law enforcement to notice, then it was well worth it.

Reactions: pmich80
Welcome to the forum! I also have the plate "MODEL 3" in Michigan. I don't want to derail ELRev's thread too much but eventually we should try and find all 50 US owners with that plate. I know that someone already has it in New York as well.

If 8 characters were allowed in my state "BLUESTAR" would be the plate for my second Model 3. I think in some states you can actually have a ★ character on the plate, so "BLUE ★" might be an option for some.
Not sure if you're still on this thread, but I just locked in the plate MODEL3 in Alaska. Any progress tracking down the other states?

It would be a great experiment. Try it and see how long it takes before one gets a ticket. If it takes several months or years for law enforcement to notice, then it was well worth it.

Back when I lived in the US I was frequently tempted to get a custom license plate that says "STOLEN" - for two reasons. One, out of curiosity as to whether it would actually get me pulled over, and two, if the car ever actually had been stolen, there's not a single police officer who heard about the theft who would forget the plate number or fail to notice it on the road ;)

Reactions: Words of HABIT
Back when I lived in the US I was frequently tempted to get a custom license plate that says "STOLEN" - for two reasons. One, out of curiosity as to whether it would actually get me pulled over, and two, if the car ever actually had been stolen, there's not a single police officer who heard about the theft who would forget the plate number or fail to notice it on the road ;)

My humor runs along those lines. However, I've talked to enough cops that there are enough spoilsport officers everywhere that you'll get a LOT of unwanted attention. Especially from the ones on traffic duty, which are the ones you'll likely encounter the most. There always seems to be one to a few on each department that the rest of the officers thinks has a stick way too far up their keisters.

jpkreger: My friend in Palmer just phoned saying he spotted for the second time a white Model 3. I've been trying to be very polite to him regarding the chances of a Model 3 in AK right now...but...do you know anything different?

jpkreger: My friend in Palmer just phoned saying he spotted for the second time a white Model 3. I've been trying to be very polite to him regarding the chances of a Model 3 in AK right now...but...do you know anything different?
I'm in Anchorage, and definitely haven't seen a 3 up here yet. There are certainly no Tesla employees in AK - we don't even have a supercharger or service center. With that said, there is a cold weather test track near Fairbanks that Audi uses from time-to-time, so it's feasible that they'd bring a car up to run through the sub-zero paces. Of course, we have X and S owners already, and Tesla has more than proved up cold capabilities via Norway, so it might not be necessary for 3. If I see it, I'll certainly verify. I did a pre-reveal reserve and have a Feb -April delivery. If I encounter one before then I'd be pretty surprised.

• Informative
Reactions: StapleGun
Not sure if you're still on this thread, but I just locked in the plate MODEL3 in Alaska. Any progress tracking down the other states?

I've been keeping track when I see them. So far I've found the owners in 9 states. I just cleaned up my spreadsheet and added a 2nd sheet so people can leave comments if they know of others. You can view it here: MODEL3 license plate spreadsheet