Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: NEW Model X Delivery Experience 2019

Any issues with your NEW 2019 Model X at Delivery?

• [A] 0 Defect or Minor Negligible Defect

Votes: 30 48.4%
  • [B] 1-3 Defects

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • [C] 4-6 Defects

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • [D] 7 or More Defects

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • [E] Major Defect or Contemplated Refusing Delivery

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • [F] Refused Delivery / Returned the X

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@jpoet : I hope they fix your car soon and at once.
A couple of Tesla's "mobile techs" showed up at my house last night for "attempt #2" to fix the body panel alignment issues in my new Model X.

Even though this is attempt #2, they quickly realized that they were not going to get far on the trunk hatch because they forgot to order a new wing and it is impossible to remove the wing without destroying it. They have to remove the wing, so they can "cut out" the glass, so they can get to the hinges to fix their alignment. The new wing will take awhile because they have to order it in, paint it, wait for it to dry...

They were able to fix the alignment on my left rear falcon wing door. Like with the trunk hatch, their first attempt was to move the latch around, hoping it would pull the door into the correct position when it closed. I assume there is enough flex in the doors that they can get away with that most of the time, because they spent a LOT of time trying to make that work. They finally admitted it was not going to, so tore all the interior molding off to get access to the hinge points. They had move the hinge mount a relatively large distance to fix the issue, but now the alignment is pretty much perfect.

They were here right at 2 hours. It would have been half that, if they had not been so set on fixing the issue by moving the latch.

I find it amazing that Tesla designed the rear hatch such that the glass has to be destroyed to get access to the hinges. If some molding could be removed to allow access like the falcon wing doors, then my issue would be solved by now.

• Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT