Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: NEW Model X Delivery Experience 2019

Any issues with your NEW 2019 Model X at Delivery?

• [A] 0 Defect or Minor Negligible Defect

Votes: 30 48.4%
  • [B] 1-3 Defects

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • [C] 4-6 Defects

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • [D] 7 or More Defects

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • [E] Major Defect or Contemplated Refusing Delivery

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • [F] Refused Delivery / Returned the X

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RoBoRaT

PoPeYeD'SaiLoRDuDe
Nov 22, 2018
NorthSoCal
Currently waiting on 2019 Model X order. Reading a lot of dissatisfied NEW X owners posts but very few posting about great experiences or satisfaction at delivery.

Is the quality of Model X worse than ever? I hope this poll shows it isn't so.

Or, are new owners tend to post mostly negative experience vs good. I hope this is the case.

So, NEW 2019 Model X owners please submit your poll with the following info:

Raven or Not
Config (P or LR/Ext Color/# Seat & Color)
Delivery Location/State (Tesla SC/Home/etc)

Only looking for 2019 deliveries, so we can narrow down the trend.

Thanks for playing along!

Maybe with this poll, we can show Tesla (Elon) the real deal, or say WTF is going on with Tesla QC on Model X.

Cheers,
RBRT

PS: The model Model X below was missing front Tesla emblem at delivery. I returned it. Tesla replaced it with a perfect 1:18 scale Model X. :)
20190829_193729.jpg

Last edited:
Raven Model X, delivery first week of August, Pearl white, Black 5 seat, Long Range, 22” black rims, Portland, Oregon.

Only defects were a tiny spot on rear number barely bigger than the head of a pin that was missing paint, and the top, rear rubber flange on one falcon door doesn’t quite overlap the glass strip between falcon door and hatch, not a leak or anything, just cosmetic. They will fix both of course.

Raven Model X, delivery first week of August, ....
Only defects were a tiny spot on rear number barely bigger than the head of a pin that was missing paint, and the top, rear rubber flange on one falcon door doesn’t quite overlap the glass strip between falcon door and hatch, not a leak or anything, just cosmetic. They will fix both of course.

Considering recent postings in TMC, this is reassuring to those awaiting delivery.
Thanks for the info.

Congrats on your purchase, enjoy the ride!

P100D Raven X delivered August 1st. Pearl white, cream interior. Poll choice “A”. Mine was perfect. Zero issues, I’ve put 2400 miles on it in the first month. I look for a reason to drive it everyday, and I used to hate having to drive around town doing chores.

Delivery process at West Palm was great, the drive home was in abysmal conditions, rain pouring down on I-95 for 40 miles, some white-out conditions it was so heavy, it was a little nerve wracking to do in a brand new, most expensive car I’ve ever bought, but she drove great all the way.

In 46 years of automobile ownership, I love this car like no other!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: jerseygirl18
P100D Raven X delivered August 1st. Pearl white, cream interior. Poll choice “A”. Mine was perfect. Zero issues....

Delivery process at West Palm was great, the drive home was in abysmal conditions....

@Lindamon, Awesome experience just like it should be - No buyer’s remorse. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Lindamon
Raven
P100D, Cream, White, 20" standard tires
Minneapolis MN (Eden Prairie)

Nothing found ... Delivery was excellent. Picked up the X and did a 300 mile road trip using only super chargers, for free.
Towed a trailer for half of the trip... towing an empty trailer consumes 50% more power. 500kW/Mile

Raven, long range, white/white, standard tires.
We got the car one week later after it was ordered and picked it up at the Fremont delivery center. We bought a M3 five months before and had the same great service this time too. There was a minor issue with the hood paint on the X which was barely noticeable by us. It wasn’t until we took it to the detailer to have it ceramic coated that the imperfections were found. Tesla initially said they couldn’t do anything about it because it was after the 7 day window. After we spoke to several managers, they finally agreed to have the body shop repaint the hood. Glad they did the right thing but we had to fight for it. The whole process took a long time but we are looking forward to enjoying the X when it’s all done!!

Raven, long range, white/white, standard tires.
We got the car one week later after it was ordered and picked it up at the Fremont delivery center. We bought a M3 five months before and had the same great service this time too. There was a minor issue with the hood paint on the X which was barely noticeable by us. It wasn’t until we took it to the detailer to have it ceramic coated that the imperfections were found. Tesla initially said they couldn’t do anything about it because it was after the 7 day window. After we spoke to several managers, they finally agreed to have the body shop repaint the hood. Glad they did the right thing but we had to fight for it. The whole process took a long time but we are looking forward to enjoying the X when it’s all done!!

What were the paint imperfections like? So we can watch out for it if not that noticeable at first sight.

I'm glad that it looks like all is working out fine.

Enjoy your X!

Raven Model X P, 6 seater, midnight silver on black, 22" wheels. order 7/27 and delivered 8/8 here's what i encountered as soon as i picked up my car.

autopilot didn't work, windows making loud squealing noise when opening and closing it, right rear falcon door sometimes wouldn't close all the way, missing clips on right front fender.

Looks like a good QC should have caught before leaving the factory. smh.

What were the paint imperfections like? So we can watch out for it if not that noticeable at first sight.

Enjoy your X!
M

Enjoy your X!

These paint bubbles are visible at certain angles. There are others but you would have to look hard for it.
B6FF630C-C62F-4899-B3A0-70C9EF45BEAE.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT
Looks like a good QC should have caught before leaving the factory. smh.

at this point i think their qc only checks mechanical details to make sure the car runs and doesn't crash then all other details would be ignored. when i picked up my X the 2nd time at their service center i took a peak inside their shop and there were atleast 20-30 new cars i saw inside which i'm sure had issues as well.

Reactions: RoBoRaT
P100D Raven X delivered August 1st. Pearl white, cream interior. Poll choice “A”. Mine was perfect. Zero issues, I’ve put 2400 miles on it in the first month. I look for a reason to drive it everyday, and I used to hate having to drive around town doing chores.

Delivery process at West Palm was great, the drive home was in abysmal conditions, rain pouring down on I-95 for 40 miles, some white-out conditions it was so heavy, it was a little nerve wracking to do in a brand new, most expensive car I’ve ever bought, but she drove great all the way.

enjoy! i’m in your neck of the woods soon..oct take deliv in chic. next fri. Maybe we need To start a Palm Beach County Tesla club reminds me of when I got my golden doodle...have fun!

Reactions: Lindamon
X picked up in Denver in mid-June. No issues at delivery.

Approaching 5,000 miles now. Only issue we've seen is that the AC died last week. Wound up being a broken o-ring in the rear-seat portion of the HVAC. Service told me that occasionally the robot that installs this part is too rough, causing a slow leak in the system and eventual failure. I live near the service center so I just dropped in. They snuck me in due to the hot weather we're seeing this week, and had me out in < 90 minutes. The tech even, when he saw I had my girls with me, ran back to the waiting area and pulled out Tesla coloring books and crayons for them.

My advice is to relax and not worry overmuch. While I know that some deliveries go south, it's not the norm, and my own experiences with Tesla employees have been very positive even when there's a problem like I had this week.

Edit - non-P LR, Red, Cream.