Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Vote on Musks compensation package

How will you vote on Elons compensation package

• For

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • Against

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Not a stockholder but would vote For

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Not a stockholder but would vote Against

Votes: 21 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me its pretty simple. I already agreed to this pay back in 2018 and Elon has delivered on his end of the deal. Withdrawing earned pay isn't ok by me, and I think short sighted as well. Delaware has already created some trouble for itself I think - the state has claimed the right to cancel shareholder votes years after they happened along with messing with something like executive pay years after the terms were agreed to. Can the state be trusted as a place to organize your business? I've never pondered the question outside of some international arena where a country might decide to nationalize a business - I don't know where those musings go to as i've never had them before.

Whether I would hire Elon today under the same terms as were offered and accepted in 2018 isn't germane to my way of thinking. Elon and Tesla succeeded outstandingly under the terms of the compensation plan. I've seen enough executive comp plans that were seemingly designed to be manipulated - this is easily the cleanest I can ever think of and involved hitting ridiculous milestones, all done much earlier than anticipated.

There is a different question - what (if anything) should Elon's 2024 compensation plan be? I don't know, and I'm confident that nobody is thinking of a comp plan in terms of the company increasing 12x in value. Or heck - maybe Elon is - that's the sort of big thinking he engages in, puts his mind to, and then goes and does.

Reactions: GLDYLX