Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: would a Tesla vision operated lawnmower (perhaps via licensing) make a good low hanging fruit mvp for FSD?

Poll: would a Tesla vision operated lawnmower (perhaps via licensing) make a good low hanging fruit

• Yes

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 13 92.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tiger

Oct 31, 2016
The real UN
Is the concept of a Tesla-controlled lawnmower that leverages Tesla's self-driving technology a worthy idea?

In addition to autonomously trimming the lawn, it would offer offering a safe testing ground for Tesla Vision. Lessons learned could be useful at least for Summon and Optimus, and perhaps Full Self-Driving in general.

What do you think, yei or nei? It could bring welcome competition to the lawn mower arena. Heck, why not license it for robot vacuums as well?

You'd have to call it FGM (Full Grass Mowing). Sadly, I wouldn't be willing to pay $15K for that feature on a lawn mower, haha.
However, if I recall correctly, there's already at least one lawnmower bot out there on the market today?

Tesla Vision is software for street driving and identifies things like roads, lanes, lines, cars, VRUs, traffic, Stop and speed limit signs. How would any of this relate to a lawn mower since the software is written for cars? Oh it does recognize trash cans so I guess that is a plus.

My $40 existing mower is a little marginal and a $15,000 software upgrade would really be sweet. Plus, it doesn't have windshield wipers, so dry wipes won't be a problem. And a press release that Tesla is negotiating with Toro and John Deere to offer FSD for selected models would surely give my stock a nice bump. :cool: