Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poor AM Radio Reception

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the best way to improve AM radio reception in our late-2015 Model S? All I want to do is listen to local (San Diego area, and maybe a couple in LA) radio stations. I've tried the internet radio but get fading and loss of reception as the car turns during a normal trip. I'm starting to think that there is NO way to improve AM reception, but thought I'd reach out for confirmation or help. By the way, FM radio reception ain't all that grand either. Do I have an antenna problem?

Vistan

Nice to hear I am not alone. From here in Utah I get much better reception of a station in Germany via internet than I do of some local AM stations.

Interesting that you mention 570. There is a local station at that frequency and in many places when I tune in I hear a high pitched whine that is louder than the station.

Nice to hear I am not alone. From here in Utah I get much better reception of a station in Germany via internet than I do of some local AM stations.

Interesting that you mention 570. There is a local station at that frequency and in many places when I tune in I hear a high pitched whine that is louder than the station.
Here in LA it the Dodgers with legendary Vin Skully (last season).