Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Portable Gen 3 Wall Connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That wasn't a rant... Tronguy is incredibly helpful and has provided detailed responses to many, many threads.
You're right, and my reply came across as overly harsh. Sorry @Tronguy

And full agree with your point about how the forum works, which is the cause of the problem.

I just see a lot of confusion and misinformation amongst new Aussie owners because the Internet is overwhelmingly full of US focused information and although some things are global, many things aren't.

Having a dedicated Australian section of the forum should help reduce the misinformation, but it doesn't help when it's part of a global forum which brings the attention of these threads to a wider audience without making the location clear - so we get more misinformation posted here, which I got triggered by.

Reactions: father_of_6
You're right, and my reply came across as overly harsh. Sorry @Tronguy

And full agree with your point about how the forum works, which is the cause of the problem.

I just see a lot of confusion and misinformation amongst new Aussie owners because the Internet is overwhelmingly full of US focused information and although some things are global, many things aren't.

Having a dedicated Australian section of the forum should help reduce the misinformation, but it doesn't help when it's part of a global forum which brings the attention of these threads to a wider audience without making the location clear - so we get more misinformation posted here, which I got triggered by.
No apologies needed. I need to be hit with a wet fish from time to time 😁. I usually just skip over Aussies/GB/etc because, well, 240 VAC and 3-phase, and missed it this time. Sorry 'bout that.

Reactions: [Zombie]

This is very true... and I'm totally guilty. I start to read a post and think... "I know the answer to that", but it's always from a US-centric point-of-view. Too bad we don't all have the same systems, that sure would make things easier.

I read somewhere that some people even drive on the WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD!

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: [Zombie]