Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Portland punk smashes windshield — of a Tesla, which caught him on video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From New owner's Tesla captures video of man smashing its windshield:

Toby Wickwire of Portland, Ore., bought his new Midnight Silver Metallic Tesla Model 3 just two weeks ago. A week ago, he installed a USB drive to enable continuous dashcam footage from the car's forward camera. And that's great, because on Thursday morning, some punk decided to stomp the new car's windshield to smithereens, and unknowingly became the star of his own show.

The video shows the man approach the car, run up the hood, launch into the air and smash down onto the windshield with his feet.

Yes, "Portland is a city where young people go to retire." Or to be criminals.

While the perp seems entirely humorless (a Portland anarchist, perhaps?), Wickwire took the incident in admirable stride, considering. “I didn’t know that you could do that,” Wickwire told KPTV, laughing. “Kinda shocking to me, that you can just jump on a windshield and completely cave it in.

“I’m so glad I got this footage because other people don’t have video of this guy,” Wickwire said. ‘There would have been no chance of finding out who it was.”

He's posted the video, and discovered that two other windshields were smashed that night within blocks of his car. And of course the video has now aired on Portland newscasts. It's hard to make out the perp's face in the video (higher resolution, please, Elon), but here's hoping someone recognizes the hoodie and ripped jeans or the way he walks.

• Informative
Reactions: UnicornDriver
At first you’d think he was targeting Tesla’s and/or nice cars. Supported by the BMW getting tagged, but that old SUV clearly makes this random. What a loser, hope someone catches him and does the equivalent to his face (I mean lock him up of course).

At first you’d think he was targeting Tesla’s and/or nice cars. Supported by the BMW getting tagged, but that old SUV clearly makes this random. What a loser, hope someone catches him and does the equivalent to his face (I mean lock him up of course).
Probably rich, privileged and just board. Just fell in with the wrong crowd and not really his fault. So if caught no big deal. Must be poor and of color to place in jail.

Well, I hope that vandalizing Tesla's with Sentry Mode/DashCam thing doesn't become some sort trend to get attention/on the news. For this particular vid, there is no way to ID the punk, yet he made the evening news...which could be a perverse thrill for these losers.

Reactions: GoCartz