Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Positive Experiences with Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks,
I have a M3D Red on order and have been reading a lot of negative reports here on this forum, on numerous issues, paint defects, panel alignment, etc, etc..

I would be interested in hearing some feedback from those with positive owner experiences.

Surely there have been some?

Hi Folks,
I have a M3D Red on order and have been reading a lot of negative reports here on this forum, on numerous issues, paint defects, panel alignment, etc, etc..

I would be interested in hearing some feedback from those with positive owner experiences.

Surely there have been some?

Lol you really can’t find positive experiences? I’ve only had my car for two days so I’m still nervous that something could go wrong with the car (Tesla is still a relatively new company, I’ve never owned electric) but so far - the car has amazing acceleration, the stereo system is great, and compliments from others are always nice. The big screen and UI are super fast and much better than any other car. Lots of positives.

The car definitely isn’t perfect - window seal gaps look chunky and lower quality than on my wife’s Honda CRV, the paint job isn’t perfect, etc but overall I’ve been happy so far!

Lol you really can’t find positive experiences? I’ve only had my car for two days so I’m still nervous that something could go wrong with the car (Tesla is still a relatively new company, I’ve never owned electric) but so far - the car has amazing acceleration, the stereo system is great, and compliments from others are always nice. The big screen and UI are super fast and much better than any other car. Lots of positives.

The car definitely isn’t perfect - window seal gaps look chunky and lower quality than on my wife’s Honda CRV, the paint job isn’t perfect, etc but overall I’ve been happy so far!

Thanks for the post, what kind of paint issues does the car have? What color is your car? Did you make a due bill do have defects repaired?

Stop reading and just go to delivery and enjoy the car. There are people om the forum that seem to make sure that they get delivery at 1:45 just because the sun is at the right angle to see any issues.

Go, enjoy the delivery process, take a walk round the car and make sure there's nothing obvious to you. The vast majority of people are having great delivery experiences and better driving experiences. Make sure that you watch the videos on the Tesla site on how to do things before you pick up the car, to make things easier.

Stop reading and just go to delivery and enjoy the car. There are people om the forum that seem to make sure that they get delivery at 1:45 just because the sun is at the right angle to see any issues.

Go, enjoy the delivery process, take a walk round the car and make sure there's nothing obvious to you. The vast majority of people are having great delivery experiences and better driving experiences. Make sure that you watch the videos on the Tesla site on how to do things before you pick up the car, to make things easier.

Aren’t most cars delivered indoors with mediocre lighting? That’s how mine was.

Thanks for the post, what kind of paint issues does the car have? What color is your car? Did you make a due bill do have defects repaired?

You can find some videos on YouTube that show the paint defects. If I had better lighting I might see more issues but at delivery I saw a number of scratches and smudges on the hood. They buffed them out.

I have a few seals bulging or not completely flush but we will see if that’s an issue over time or not.

While I've had some negative issues throughout the ordering process as well as delivery, I couldn't be happier with the purchase (well I could, with a P3D instead of 3 LR) and with Tesla's service so far. My issues were fairly minor:

- Paint dimples in rear passenger quarter panel
- Paint drip stains on rear passenger door
- Gear stalk cover piece coming off
- Bottom plastic car cover mis-seated in several areas
- Scratched up phone dock pad
- Front driver and passenger side doors not flush with rear passenger doors
- Steering wheel misalignment

Sounds like a lot, but I'm still very satisfied with the car. I dropped my 3 off at the service center today and they had a 100D loaner that I'll get to enjoy for the next couple of weeks, and the SC employees have already been super communicative with me.

Last edited:
I’ve had Model 3 for six months, driven over 5000 miles, and no issues. But who would bother posting something like that and who would find it interesting to read? If you read a forum, you’re going to get a skewed view about problems, and some of the ”problems” reported here wouldn’t be problems to anyone else.

They deliver hundreds of Model 3's each day, hundreds across the country. You read a post on the forum from someone new maybe one every 2-3 days? Let's be generous and say 10 new complaints a week. That's but a tiny fraction of all the happy Model 3 owners without issues with their cars.

The nature of online forums is you mostly get people who are reporting something bad, or they're just waiting for delivery. The happy folks without problems? They're out driving their cars, showing them off to friends, making excuses to go out again an hour after they just got back home, etc.. Unfortunately there's not much you can do to make these people to stay indoors and make posts about their positive experience.

Worth noting some of the issues people complain about, or reject their cars for, are issues many people don't care about and would gladly take delivery of those cars well ahead of schedule. My car had a small paint chip barely noticeable below driver's side door, so small I didn't notice it until a week after driving my car every single day. It's going to get fixed, small paint chips get fixed all the time easily by detailers. Would I rather not take delivery of this car and wait for weeks or months longer? Hell no. No panel gap issues, nothing out of place on the interior, nothing is falling apart, and my car was built in June when things were rough.

If you are just waiting for delivery, it helps to not frustrate yourself by camping the forums.

I can't speak to recent deliveries, but my 4/27 delivery went without a hitch. I didn't find any flaws on my white model 3. Car performed flawlessly on a 4K mile road trip. Total of 8K miles to date. I still haven't been able to dial in the correct seat position for me, but clearly it isn't that big of a deal or I'd have done it by now. Love the car!

Reactions: dhrivnak
I can't speak to recent deliveries, but my 4/27 delivery went without a hitch. I didn't find any flaws on my white model 3. Car performed flawlessly on a 4K mile road trip. Total of 8K miles to date. I still haven't been able to dial in the correct seat position for me, but clearly it isn't that big of a deal or I'd have done it by now. Love the car!

Many thanks for the positive report.

They deliver hundreds of Model 3's each day, hundreds across the country. You read a post on the forum from someone new maybe one every 2-3 days? Let's be generous and say 10 new complaints a week. That's but a tiny fraction of all the happy Model 3 owners without issues with their cars.

The nature of online forums is you mostly get people who are reporting something bad, or they're just waiting for delivery. The happy folks without problems? They're out driving their cars, showing them off to friends, making excuses to go out again an hour after they just got back home, etc.. Unfortunately there's not much you can do to make these people to stay indoors and make posts about their positive experience.

Worth noting some of the issues people complain about, or reject their cars for, are issues many people don't care about and would gladly take delivery of those cars well ahead of schedule. My car had a small paint chip barely noticeable below driver's side door, so small I didn't notice it until a week after driving my car every single day. It's going to get fixed, small paint chips get fixed all the time easily by detailers. Would I rather not take delivery of this car and wait for weeks or months longer? Hell no. No panel gap issues, nothing out of place on the interior, nothing is falling apart, and my car was built in June when things were rough.

If you are just waiting for delivery, it helps to not frustrate yourself by camping the forums.

Thanks for the helpful reply.