Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possibility that prices will go up with weakened dollar?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no SR to SR+ upgrade option in Canada, once you get SR here your stuck with it. Not sure if you noticed you posted in the Canada section
must have to do w/ your tax credit, since it's technically possible. I wonder if there can an aftermarket hack for it, post warranty of course.

I intend to use my buffer as a selling point to a private purchase, I guess I can't sell to Canadians ;)

What's to stop you from going across our border post Covid and take advantage of your stronger loonie?

@vickh great question. I've never imported a vehicle so I'm not terribly familiar, but it seems like a hassle that I shouldn't have to go through. I don't mind paying a small markup if there are extra costs on Tesla's part to bring the vehicles here, but the current premium seems a bit excessive. That said, we're not looking to delay at this point until after the pandemic is over and the border reopens for non-essential travel. I just wish the pricing as a bit more equitable for your neighbors to the north.

That said, I do know that costs for other parts of the world can be much higher still when converted to USD, so we're not that bad off in Canada, I guess. Comparatively.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh