Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible reservation number hint on My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after 9 pages and a bunch of reservation id's what is the conclusion. Something, nothing or just haven't figured anything out yet.
Among the thread samples so far, the reservation ID and time of reservation strongly correlate. One could probably predict one, within a certain range, given the other. Also, that I should have tried ordering online more than that official hour before the event.

I reserved during reveal just as they showed car and I'm 462xxx. This is what I conclude.

* This number probably does represent the position when Tesla servers registered a particular reservation

* This position is shared across all orders so if someone ordered a Model S during that time, that too will have a similar number

* This would have been a single incrementing position in main tesla server for all orders, it just so happens 330xxx was around when first model 3 orders went in

* There would have been redundancy built (back up servers) called-in when main server was loaded peak - these are the exceptions we see

* It would have been the intention that they will post-process all these to merge into a single queue before sending out car configuration requests

• Helpful
Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
Reserved in store in Toronto, ON on March 31st at 3pm. Placed 2 reservations, but the credit card didn't post it till the next day :(.
My numbers are:
512XX9
512XX7

Edit: Yet myTesla recognizes that I indeed reserved on March 31st...interesting...

Similar situation here, ordered in store in Montreal a little after lunch on March 31st, forget exact time but was probably closer to 1h30pm, placed two reservations but credit card didn't post until next day as well, my numbers are:
507XX8
507XX9

MyTesla page confirms March 31st also...

Would suck tremendously if we ended up "processed" only the next day due to some technical bottleneck... :(

Ordered online 3/31 a few minutes after the site went live (about 7:35pm Pacific Time). My Reservation number is RN1073xxxxx (received confirmation email 4/1 @ 4:24PM PT) and the ReservationId value in the web page is 4278xx.

edit: Credit card transaction date of 4/2 and posting date of 4/3, if it matters.

OK, my point was misunderstood. All Teslas have a reservation number. Starting with 000001, which would have been a Roadster, then the Model S came along, which might have taken the reservation numbers up into the 200,000's, and then the X, which took the reservation numbers up to 300k-360k. Those with a 36xxxx are the first reservations of a Model 3. If you take the assumed start point of 36xxxx (which seems to be the lowest start value for the Model 3 reservations), my 69xxxxx would be 330,000 places after the first person. We know that there were 385K reservations, but 12k were removed, making the current total about 373k. This would make sense that I am a long way down the list, due to my late April 12th reservation.
I would propose a few corrections.
  1. They probably didn't have this system in place for roadster orders. But there are so few roadsters, so who cares. ;)
  2. At least one person (Tesla or SpaceX employee) posted their order number as 352xxx on 3/17 (before the 3/31 line waiters), so that corroborates the single sequential reservation number. Don't forget about all of those employees who got to make reservations before us!
  3. Removed reservations would still take up space in this list - they wouldn't bother renumbering everybody's reservation due to cancellations.
So your starting point for Model 3's is a little too high, but you also need to account for cancelled orders to estimate the total number of reservations. So the end result is the same value, but the math is a little different.

• Informative
Reactions: Yuri_G
Hey Lain, where abouts is the last 3 digits for you? Don't have to be specific.. mines a little before 600 :)

just a bit after 600 ;)

With all theses info (specially the numbers from Mad Hungarian) it seems that 370k+ is the first general public reservation number for north america. now we need to figure out the range for each regions (europe/asia/australia) and employee ;)