Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible reservation number hint on My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Odd. After looking through the responses in the form, the reservation IDs seem to adhere pretty much perfectly to the time the reservation was placed. Mine seems to be an anomaly, placed 2 reservations at 10:25am EST in store on the 31st (380XXX, 2 consecutive numbers) but there are others on the east coast over an hour later that have lower numbers...

Odd. After looking through the responses in the form, the reservation IDs seem to adhere pretty much perfectly to the time the reservation was placed. Mine seems to be an anomaly, placed 2 reservations at 10:25am EST in store on the 31st (380XXX, 2 consecutive numbers) but there are others on the east coast over an hour later that have lower numbers...
Yeah I saw that too. I am starting to feel like we might start to see more numbers like that when their processing times start to delay. Do you know how soon your CC was charged?

Well, I think I just figured out that the number can't be your actual spot in line. It may be the order you reserved in, but not your spot for manufacturing/delivery. My brother and I put two reservations in, one under my name (current Tesla owner), and one under his name (non-Tesla Owner). Our numbers are one digit apart, 371XXX and 371XXX +1. Since Tesla owner's have priority over non-Tesla owners, my number should be way ahead of his, not one digit apart.

Well, I think I just figured out that the number can't be your actual spot in line. It may be the order you reserved in, but not your spot for manufacturing/delivery. My brother and I put two reservations in, one under my name (current Tesla owner), and one under his name (non-Tesla Owner). Our numbers are one digit apart, 371XXX and 371XXX +1. Since Tesla owner's have priority over non-Tesla owners, my number should be way ahead of his, not one digit apart.
Yes I believe the number is just a RAW worldwide lineup. Obviously they will sort them more but this is a pretty good guesstimate on where you are.

I was one of the quickest Tesla employees to pre-order as soon as it became available. My common reservation number is 351,xxx. I'm thinking it actually starts off at 350,000 for the common reservation number.
And yet my reservation number is 107XXXXXX. I reserved on April 1 at about 1330PST.

Sorry, what do you mean by "common reservation number"?